Chapter 25

Walburga

We stand on the platform with the boys waiting for the train to arrive. While I didn't like that Regulus was out in public, he insisted he wanted to be there the moment Carina stepped off the train. We keep him between us as the train pulls up. The moment she steps off the train both boys rush towards her. I smile as she picks up Regulus and hugs Sirius, not caring who sees.

We head to the Black manor as soon as we leave the platform and it doesn't take long for Carina to be pulled into a conversation, the boys still hanging off her. I greet everyone before taking a seat next to Druella and Dorea who are listening to Narcissa talk about Hogwarts. This is new for the family but a welcomed change. My first time home from school the only thing asked was if my grades were acceptable. I spot Lucretia come in with the twins and smile. We didn't get to see them often and it is good for them to spend time with the other side of their family. Narcissa spots the twins heading towards Carina and glares.

"Narcissa, where are your manners." Druella scolds.

"You don't understand, them and Carina prank everyone. I don't want to deal with it during break too." She huffs before her eyes go wide and she looks between us.

"I went to school with their father, it runs in the family, Charlus and Fleamont weren't any better." I say smiling. I didn't want any of the kids to fear our reaction.

"Remember when they flooded the dungeons. Took forever to get rid of all the water." Dorea laughs as Druella and I groan. It had been a mess and while they couldn't prove it was them, everyone knew.

"Don't go giving those two ideas. McGonagall writes me enough." Lucretia says taking a seat with us.

"Boys are weird." Narcissa says before walking off causing all the women to laugh. Oh, if she only knew.

Carina

Spending time with everyone is exactly what I needed after dealing with Dumbledore. He seems to find any reason to talk to me lately and I am ready to either pull out my hair or curse him. When we finally arrive home the boys follow me to my room. I have already been informed we would be having a sleepover. I had missed them and didn't mind the extra time with them. Between the platform and family gathering Regulus is overwhelmed so I spend the rest of the time telling them about each common room and different things about Hogwarts.

Two days after returning home James and Aria arrive for a playdate. After bundling them all up I take them all outside much to the adults' amusement. Lucretia mentioned that she would retest soon, and I am thankful for the distraction. Between the results and what happened last night with the boys I can't take any more stress. They had simply wanted to sneak into my bed, but I had been having a nightmare. I didn't realize who I was pointing my wand at until it was too late. I had tried to explain, and they had fallen asleep curled next to me, but I couldn't get rid of the image of them looking at me with such fear. I shake my head and focus back on watching them. Now wasn't the time to think about it.

"Thought you would like some company." I turn and smile as I see Rabastan standing there with two drinks. He hands me one and I realize it is hot cocoa. Regulus had accepted having Aria and James in the home, so we decided to test how he would handle Rabastan around.

"At least until I am pulled into whatever game they have going on." I chuckle. They seem to be building a fort out of snow and it is only a matter of time before they realize he is here.

"You ready for tomorrow?" He asks and I shrug.

"A little nervous. I just want the results, so I have a definitive answer."

"Regardless of what they are, we will get through it." He says just as James runs over.

"Come play." He says and I smile as I stand.

We end up in a snowball fight with me on James and Regulus's team while Rabastan is on Sirius and Aria's team. By the time we make it back inside the kids are worn out. As they settle down for a snack, we take a seat with the adults.

"They look like they had fun." Lady Potter says smiling.

"They attempted to build forts before we got roped into a snowball fight. I am thankfully small enough to fit behind the one my team built." I chuckle.

"Yeah, there was no hiding for me, which they took full advantage of." Rabastan says causing the ladies to laugh.

"Well, I'm glad the boys have seemed to warm up to you." Walburga tells him.

"Mostly, Regulus still slightly glares anytime I get too close while he is near her, but we are making progress."

"I think it is just going to be his thing. He sometimes glares at Sirius when he thinks I am showing him more attention." I say shaking my head.

We spend the rest of the day playing different games with the kids and when it is time for everyone to leave, I feel better. I needed today.