Chapter 15

Arcturus

The elf monitoring the kids pops in to tell us that they are dueling. I should have known Carina was too smart to not see what we were doing but I am glad she is willing to try.

"How will we explain when it gets out that they have a bond? Her mother is supposed to be a La Fray." Lord Lestrange asks.

"Her grandfather mentioned that it would be possible for a child taken as a godchild into a royal line to receive the mark. While rare, it has happened before. It will also explain how she is so close to them and gives a reason for them to move here. While just her acceptance into a royal line will make people watch her closer, it is better than trying to explain it any other way. Depending on where Rabastan gets the mark it might be impossible to keep hidden. Lord Winters explained that while most women had marks that could be hidden, the men usually got them where they would be visible." I explain. Lord Winters and I had begun writing each other to keep up to date with what is going on.

"It will also explain how both my sons are to marry into the Black family. Many will look at it strangely, but it will be expected for them to be together with the bond."

"Exactly, we simply explain that the contract was signed before we knew about the bond. Lord Winters explained how he would have the right to call on his family magic upon anyone who tried to separate two bonded. I do not believe Carina knew of this or I feel she would have called upon it in her previous life. Now I do have a small concern and while it won't truly effect their bond, I believe it will be funny to watch them deal with it. Sirius and Regulus follow her around like a shadow and from what Orion says Regulus has become possessive of her." I say smirking.

"Oh, I do look forward to seeing how that goes. Rabastan has never been around such a small child." He chuckles.

"He better get used to it. Walburga has commented that if she didn't know better, she would assume Carina was truly their older sister."

"At least we know she enjoys children. Rodolphus said the boys seemed to move in sync with her when they were in the dueling room, and she seemed to know what they needed before they even spoke." They were too young to know if they had a sibling bond, but it would not surprise me.

"We will need to make the announcement soon. I do not look forward to the ball and the proposals that will come after. There is no way to hide how powerful Carina is and many families will want her."

"I agree and I do not wish to handle a pissed off Rabastan when he realizes. We can make a public announcement at the ball. I figure you are trying to keep her out of the public eye for as long as possible."

"That will work. It is traditional that the head of the royal line announces bonded. With everything else it will show that we are still keeping to traditions." The floo flares and an elf pops in to announce Rodolphus and Bellatrix's return. I request them to come to the office before they run off to find the others. When they walk in, I can't help but smile at how happy Bellatrix looks. She was extremely closed off and it was good to see her so happy.

"I hope you enjoyed yourself." I say.

"Yes sir." They answer.

"I want to tell you both of a development that happened. Do not go pushing for answers but Carina and Rabastan are bonded." The last thing we needed is for Carina to step back because she was feeling pressured.

"That is wonderful." Rodolphus smiles.

"It will give us an excuse to spend more time together. When will it be announced?" Bellatrix asks.

"At the ball. I will be announcing it to the family at the next family dinner." I say and she smirks.

"I do not envy him having to deal with Sirius and Regulus."