10

Charlie

I was sweating at this point, this car was exactly like the one I used to ride to primary school, the driver even seemed familiar though they all looked the same to me, even the smell was the same. I was breathing intensely which I'm sure Sam noticed. She didn't try and hug me or anything to make me feel better, but she let me hold Arktos, which was much better than any hug I could get. 

I remembered to tell James's foster mum to tell her we are leaving, in which James got very upset about, I could hear his crying in the background so she hung up the phone, giving me a quick bye as she did. Sam was just sat quietly next to me, watching everything out of the window as it went by. 

I guess she was used to the bus because I could see how amazed she was by the inside of the car, it was a fancy car sure, but she looked surprised that the seats had warmers to them. 

"This is the coolest car I've ever been in", She whispered as the driver laughed, obviously overhearing her. She went bright red and went back into the corner as the driver laughed again, seeing her red face in the mirror. 

"We will be there in about half an hour, you guys are welcome to take a nap if you want or do you want me to connect your Bluetooth?", He asked me as Sam just stared at me. 

"Sure", I said with a smile, connecting my phone to the car. I gave Sam the phone as she picked the music as apparently my music "sucks". She put on "Wonderwall" and layed back in her seat, she didn't sing along but you could tell she was enjoying it. I grabbed the blanket from my backpack and put it over her as she fell asleep, obviously tired. Maybe she didn't sleep that well? 

"She's an adorable one", The driver said as I turned to him, giving him a slight nod, my instincts going into protective mode. He must of noticed by the look on his face. 

"No no, I used to drive your mother around and you to school. She looks just like her that's all I'm saying", He said with a smile, looking like he was reminiscing the good days. I just nodded and put my headphones on, closing my eyes and taking a short nap, tucking Arktos into Sam's arms as she opened her eyes slightly, but when she saw it was me she went straight back to sleep again. 

Sam

I woke up to Charlie nudging me, his hand poking my nose and I moved away. Arktos was now in my arms and the blanket had been tucked right up to my nose as if I was going to freeze or something. 

"We are nearly there now, just a few minutes down this driveway", the Driver said. I didn't like him to be honest, he wore black glasses so I couldn't see his expressions through his eyes. Charlie disconnected his phone from the Bluetooth and gave me a smile, though I could tell he was really nervous. He was sweating as well, because he smelled a little bit. 

"Charlie, is that it there?", I asked him, my eyes landing on the biggest mansion I've ever seen in my entire life. It had a giant fountain through the front, a curves drive through area with a roof for if it was raining, there was two turrets at the front in addition to about ten added buildings onto the centre one. This place was massive, it reminded me of the museum. Charlie put his hand on the seat, as if he wanted me to hold it.

I just looked at him with a small smile, trying to show him that everything will be alright. He tried to smile back but it just looked all wonky and unnatural. When we turned around the fountain we saw that there was six boys waiting at the front as well as a few other people who seemed to be workers. Some looked like gardeners and other looked like maids or cooks because they had big tall white hats on. 

When we turned in, Charlie grabbed onto my hand out of instinct. I hated everyone second of it, I tried to move my hand out of his but he kept holding on. I tried to calm myself down as he did, trying to understand that he was just scared and that he needed some comfort. 

"Charlie it's okay, but can you please let go of my hand", I asked him quickly, he noticed that he had grabbed my hand and let go straight away. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Sam, I didn't realise that I had done it", He said in concern, though he was still looking out of the window as he said it. I just nodded and held onto Arktos. I wasn't that nervous to meet them, I mean, this house is huge, bigger than anything I have ever seen, so I could just hide from them in the end. 

"You ready Sam?", He asked me as I just nodded. When we arrived a guy opened the door and Charlie jumped out, Charlie came over to my side as I took my seat belt off. I jumped out of the car and went to greet them with Charlie beside me. I recognised the guy I kicked in the balls as he just stared at me. 

Infact, all of them was staring at me, some with smiles, other with a stern face. I could tell who Adam was because he had a fancier suit than the others and he looked mean. Charlie came closer to me as we got closer, though I wasn't scared. 

Adam knelt down to my level when I reached him and went out to pat my head, which I quickly retreated backwards as I just stared at him, making it obvious that I didn't want to be touched. He didn't seem to understand as he went to do it again with a small smile, as if smiling itself was a hard thing for him. Once again I moved backwards, hitting Charlies leg as I did. 

"Hmm", Adam said in annoyance, getting up from his knee and standing back with my other brothers. I looked each of them up and down and tried to figure out who was who. Chris was the guy who I kicked I think as he gave me an annoyed look, though I could tell he didn't really mean it. 

"Charlie", Adam said to him as Charlie just nodded, holding onto my backpack as well as his. 

"Hiya, I'm Raymond", Another said, his hair all spiky with gel. He didn't kneel down though, he bent down a little bit but he still loomed over me. I just nodded at him, looking up at Charlie raising my eyebrow slightly.

"Not much of a talker is she?", Adam asked Charlie as he just shook his head.

"No, nor is she a hugger", He said harshly, acting all protective though they didn't seem intimidated, not one little bit. I sighed as I tucked Arktos into my arms. Another one moved forward, as if each of them were taking turns into trying to tame me or something. 

"And what's this little guys name?", He asked me. Charlie however put his arm in front of me, glaring at him.

"Relax Charlie, I just want to say hello to my little sister, am I not aloud?", He asked Charlie, a glare just as strong. Charlie never backs down from a fight, never with a foster parent, never at school and even in the streets, yet here, he put his arm back down yet made sure I was in arms reach.

"I'm Leo", The guy said with a smile, I just stared at him and after a few seconds I nodded. 

"He asked you a question", Adam said, watching me from his incredibly tall height, much taller than Charlie. 

"Arktos", I replied quietly, annoyed that I had to speak, yet I still had to follow Charlie's rules, even if they were stupid. Leo nodded in surprise, Raymond joined him and the others just looked unamused.

I could tell who reads.

I could tell who Aidan was because of the museum, he was the one who held Charlie back when I ran away, he had a cut on his eye as well in which he glared at Charlie for a few moments. He looked at me for a few moments before putting his attention back onto Adam.

"Can I go now? Me and Max has got shit to do", He asked Adam as Adam gave him a short nod. They both left without even looking back, heading towards a bunch of cars.

"Wait up guys", I think is called Chris yelled. Adam just shook his head slightly as Leo clicked his finger, three woman coming forward as well as a very big and muscular man.

"These are your maids, and your chef. Daniella works for the kitchen overall but if need anything just go to her and she will be happy to make it, this is Teresa and Vicky, they are your maids and are happy to help you with anything you need", He said with a smile as I looked up to Charlie. I just nodded.

"And this is Toby, your bodyguard", He said casually, as if it was normal for a little girl to have one. I looked at Charlie in surprise as he poked my back, as if to say he would explain it later. 

"Okay, now Vicky will show you to your room and we will see you at dinner at around 6pm sharp, oh and bears not aloud, okay?", He said with a smile as I tugged on Arktos. What an asshole.

"This way please", Vicky said to me, I followed quickly as Charlie kept close.