15

Sam

"Come on guys, let's leave them to it?", Chris said with an annoyed look, obviously bored with Aiden and Max, as they both looked at him in surprise.

"What?", Aiden asked with a grin as Max also smiled, both of them towering over Charlie with a grin as Charlie just glared back.

"Sam needs a bath, now move", Charlie in a very low tone to Max. He on the other hand looked unbothered, mimicking his hands as if he was mocking Charlie's threat.

"Oooh, little brother is bigger now, better than his older brothers", Aiden grinned as I rolled my eyes, they all caught on to it though, even Charlie as he realised their annoyance at me.

"Hmm. I've never really been bothered about a little sister", Max said with a smile though I could tell he was lying, when he lied his eyebrows raised slightly and he opened his mouth more. If that was possible. 

I just nodded and looked up to Charlie, motioning to the stairs. 

"Are you mute or something? I mean you spoke to Charlie and Adam but not to us? What, do you not like us or something?", Aiden asked as Max stared at me. Chris however moved Max out of the way with his arm. 

"No.", I said in a bored tone as I quickly hurried up the stairs passed them, pulling Charlie up with his sleeve, well attempted, Aiden grabbed Charlie by his arm and dragged him back down as Charlie went to punch Aiden in the jaw but he managed to dodge him and shove him down onto the floor.

"You need a bath Sam?", Max asked me with a smile, pulling his sleeves up. Chris just shook his head, stopping Max with his arm though Max just shoved him away.

"You can't throw her in the pool Max, it's mean, she's just a kid", Chris said quickly as Max glared at him, Charlie tried to get back up but Aiden threw him back down again.

"If you throw me in the pool, I will tell Adam", I said quietly, I now understand why Charlie hated these assholes. Max and Aiden just laughed at me as Chris's eyes widened in fear, at least Chris was scared of Adam, be a good blackmail for the future. 

"Sure you will", Max said with a smile, going to grab me but once again I kicked him as he fell over as I raced up the stairs, dodging Chris's open arms at the same time. He mumbled something under his breathe like he was trying to help me yet I ignored him. 

"Run Sam, I'll find you later", Charlie shouted loudly as Aiden threw him back down again onto the floor, it was marble so it had to hurt a lot, and by Charlie's groans it did. I could hear Max getting back up with a groan, sighing in annoyance, cursing in pain. I could also hear Chris arguing with Aiden yet he had no power to do anything, they were still older. 

Shit. He was running up the stairs. Two at a time. 

I ran as quickly as I could through the corridor, pacing with steady breathes so I could run for much longer that if I ran straight on, Max however was running quickly through the corridors calling my name. 

"Come on Sam, I'm just messing with you", I heard him call yet I knew he would still throw me in the pool for kicking him, no way was I ever going to come out. I needed out of this house, they knew it better than me and knew where all the hiding spots were, they did grow up here.

The only place I could think of is the forest, Charlie probably went there all the time when he was small, I would of. All I needed was to get to the kitchen to find a backdoor. That means I would need to find another place to get down stairs or wait for them to move, though I doubt they would for a while. 

I could hear Charlie shouting at Aiden and Chris but I didn't hear him coming up the stairs, where the hell is Adam and Leo? I bet they wouldn't be doing this if they were around, I could go find Leo, I don't trust Adam. Not that I trusted Leo, but he seemed to be more reliable.

The library maybe? I doubt Max could read so how would he know where it was? It was his house sure, but this place is massive, it's also the only thing I've got. 

I was hidden behind a rather large green curtain next to a small window. The window itself went down onto a small balcony area with water which I could probably climb down from there, leading myself to the garden, hopefully not breaking my leg. So which option is smarter? Which one would I most likely die from?

Probably option one. Max would soon find me in this stupid house, and that's also presuming that Leo would help me, I mean, I would be scared of Aiden and Max too even if I were their size. They seemed insane to me, like they were on steroids or even high, I hated this with a passion, Charlie should of just refused to move here and we should of been put into another foster placement. 

I didn't have time to think about it because I could hear Max stamping his feet around the top floor. I slowly and quietly lifted up the window as it creaked slightly though it was barely noticeable, I was breathing out slowly, as if my heart beat was to give me away.

I managed to just fit through the window, so I knew that if Max did find me here then he wouldn't be able to get through anyway. Okay, breathe Sam. Just slowly and carefully wins the race.

I managed to hop down onto the water filled balcony, making splashed noises as I did, I gritted my teeth and breathed in, annoyed at the loud splashes of the water as I walked. Luckily there was a drainage pipe lined from the balcony to the ground, I pushed it slightly to make sure that it was stable enough for my body weight. It was. 

My shoes were soaked and my feet were freezing from having wet socks. It's too late now, I would rather break a leg then let Max anywhere near me, I can't swim anyway so I doubt Max would jump in to save me. 

I slowly climbed down the drainage pipe as it made a creaking noise, it got louder as I moved down until the window opened, revealing Max grinning at me, though it soon faded as he saw what I was doing.

"Sam what are you doing?", He yelled, waving his hands in the air, though the fear was real, it was like something just went off in his head at how insane he was acting. He put his hands in the air as if I had a gun pointed at him or something. 

"Okay, Okay, Sam, I promised that if you come back up I won't throw you in the pool, I swear", He said with a worried look on his face, or he could just be a very good actor.

"The jokes over okay? I promise, the pipe will face down and you'll break something okay? Please just come back up", He said quickly, he was sweating slightly and looked at me with genuine concern. 

Still didn't trust him though.

I kept climbing down the pipe as it creaked as I saw him sprint to the stairs, I got quicker with my movement yet at the last hurdle my foot slipped.

I fell right onto my ankle, causing a loud crackle causing me to scream, though I had too much to think about right now, though crying in pain seemed to be a waste of time, Max was making his way down right now. I ignored the pain for now though it was becoming increasingly difficult as tears were forming. I made my way though the garden, running into the woods with a limp. 

It hurt to run but I hated the idea of Max even coming near me. 

I kept running, well limping, through the forest as I went deeper, making it harder for them to find me, though Charlie would be able to, he always manages to find me, he just knows me too well not to. I kept running until I came across a small platform with a ladder attached to it, a small blanket at the top, though the wood was rotting and the blanket was surrounded by flies.

This might of been Charlies. 

Instead of climbing up the ladder, I sat at the trunk of the tree, trying to massage my ankle. It was not too dark yet so hopefully Charlie will find me before the night comes, when all the animals and bugs come out. 

I took my shoe off to reveal a very swollen ankle. It's not broken though as I could still move it, though it was sprained badly. I tucked my legs into my body, trying to get into a comfortable position. I went to hug Arktos when I realised he wasn't there. 

Where was he? When did I lose him?!