59

James

I moved the ice-cream around the bowl as Espo sat opposite me, eating his chocolate sundae with a smile on his face, looking around every now and again, probably checking for killers or something. 

"So, you have a girlfriend?", He asked me with a smirk as I blushed, ignoring him as I ate my plain ice-cream. He laughed at me as I smiled at his goofy side, a side of him I had never seen before.

"Or do you have a crush on someone?", He asked me with a grin and a wink. I kicked him under the table as he laughed at me again, I laughed with him this time with my Ice-cream melting all over my hand. 

"So you do, so which one is it? The one with the black hair, Ebony was it? Or the infamous Adam's younger sister?", He asked curiously this time, leaning over the table closer to me as he played around with his spoon. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at the table, filled with embarrassment. 

"Okay, you don't want to tell me that's fine, in a few years you change your mind we can talk, because you are way too young to be dating anyone, let alone the enemy's sister", He said with a serious look on his face as I nodded at him confidently, happy for him to just drop the subject.

"Do you?", I asked quietly with a smile this time as he blushed.

"Do I what?", He asked me with a grin, eating his ice-cream quickly with a grin on his face.

"You do! What's her name bro?", I asked him with a smile, letting lose slightly as my body relaxed into the cafe booth. He shook his head at me and smirked.

"Nothing, no one, it's our little secret anyway, don't tell the others would you?", He asked me with another smooth smile, knowing for a fact I would never tell them.

"Why can't I tell them?", I asked him with a straight face, trying to seem stupid to see if he would humor me or be a douche. 

"Because they will do a background check and invite her to dinner, interrogate her about her whole life and if one little thing doesn't match the background check, they will kick her out and scare her off. Normally I wouldn't be mad for long but this one...", He said with a grin at the end. When he noticed my smirk he rolled his eyes and kicked me gently back. A text pinged through onto his face and as he opened it, he grinned happily.

"Alright, I need to grab a few things before we head so stay here for me alright?", He said in a serious tone, grabbing his jacket and swinging it around his body quickly. He was rushing off somewhere but I'm guessing it wasn't to grab a few items. This mystery girl I am guessing.

"Alright, I'll see you in ten minutes?", I said with a grin and a wink. He shook his head at me once more and headed off, doing one more look around the place before going up an escalator. 

This was my chance. I got up slowly, aware of the body guards in black and probably a few others in plain clothes, trying to seem inconspicuous but it was obvious as I could see the curly string connecting to their ears.

"Where are you going sir? Esposito said to keep you contained in this area for security reasons", A pair of hired glasses said to me as I smiled kindly. Did he think I didn't know what they did for a living?

"I need the bathroom", I said quietly to seem shy however I was watching the bathroom to watch for a teenager I can ask to send the phone over the Sam's old address. The man nodded his head and used his finger to motion a small circle as if telling them all to move into a different position.

I strolled slowly to the bathroom, watching people move around me into a different spot, I could tell who was protecting me as they didn't move very far and sat or stood in the same position. Before I went in, three men with guns attached to their hips checked out the room first. A few seconds later, four or five men hurried out with a scared look on their face. It looked like they had nothing to do with what was going on but would rather get away then be involved.