22

Charlie

As I climbed down the ladder surrounded by red bricks, I realised we were climbing down through the chimney connected to the living room, it had the same shape and colour, meaning we were going underground after this floor, how did they even build this into the house?

Raymond was messing around with some stuff in Adams office, grabbing extra supplies I'm guessing as draws were thrown open and messed around. How long did he think we were going to be down in this tunnel? How long is this tunnel?

It looked like it went on forever, I could feel a slight breeze onto my face as the lights turned on straight down the tunnel like we were in a zombie apocalypse film and we were heading to a bunker, it even had the stone walls with black tiles that are normally the cliche in these types of films. I could barely see a metal door right at the end, also something used often. I still had Sam tucked up tightly in my arms as she moved slightly in her sleep, Arktos in my other hand as she snored lightly. 

She was adorable like this.

I stood for a moment as I heard more gun shots spring around the house, yelling and screams were heard as Raymond head his way down the ladder with a backpack strapped to his back as the door to Adams office was being forced open, we could hear the door breaking slightly every hit. Raymond had a walkie talkie in his hand in which he motioned to me to walk down the tunnel as he spoke into it. 

"Adam it's me, they busted into your office, Over", He said into the thing as we headed quickly down the tunnel, I clutched onto Sam tightly due to how fast we were walking, my heart was thumping through my chest and I suddenly stopped breathing every now and again, slowing it down completely. My vision also started to become blurry as the fear started to set in, I could lose a brother today, although I hated them they were still my blood, my brothers.

"Have you got Sam? And Charlie? Are you alright? Over", Adam asked as it came out thickly, echoing through the tunnel as Adams voice bounced off the walls. I guess he asked in levels of importance to him, Sam first, then me and then Raymond which if I was Raymond, I would be rather offended by, though he seemed to not care.

"Yep, Sam is fast asleep though, we are heading through the tunnel underneath your office right now, last I checked they were shoving their way through Over", He answered quickly, his breathe became quicker, though he still seemed calm and posed just as Raymond always is. This is so random? Why would they break into our house just for the point of killing us? The mafia would still be a thing and would just continue onto our cousins.

"Where are we going?", I asked Raymond, but he shushed me and put a finger to his mouth, pointing towards the end of the tunnel.

Well no shit.

"Yes but where are we going after this? Do we stay here or what?", I asked Raymond now, my voice kind of whispering as I screamed at him, the stress and fear for protecting Sam was becoming apparent as I clutched tighter to her.

"We are heading to our cousins", Raymond said quietly, shushing me slightly as we headed closer to the metal door, my legs were starting to hurt with how fast we were moving and carrying Sam, even though she was rather light, was still strenuous to me. Raymond was starting to slow down as well, I didn't know whether it was because he realised how slow I was running or because he was becoming tired himself.

"Cousins? The ones in Rome?", I asked him as he nodded, how the hell would we be able to fly to Rome? We don't even have passports, no luggage, our clothes, all of our belongings were still in our rooms. Sam has the clothes she loves in there, and it took me forever to buy her the clothes she needed.

"How the hell will me and Sam get to Rome? We don't even have passports, nothing with us, Sam has never even flown somewhere before", I said quickly as Raymond sighed in annoyance, as if my logic had pissed him off.