45

Ebony

He stared for a moment before turning back to the others, ignoring my presence. Like usual.

"What the hell is going on?", Grandmother asked, coming out from the hallway in a panic before all the men suddenly went silent. She crossed her arms and glared at all of them before Chris broke, panic and fear in his tone.

"The Spanish took Charlie and Sam", He blurted out as everyone gave him a glare, shaking their heads as though she wouldn't find out anyway. Her eyes widened quickly as she clutched her chest, her knees buckled as she fell with Adam catching her on the way. 

"When? Why? Does your Grandpa know about this?!", She asked quickly as Adam helped her up, clutching onto his arm for support. They all nodded their heads, as though they were afraid to say something to upset her again. 

"A couple of hours ago, and not to be rude, but why do you think?", He replied, crossing his arms over his chest as the others were still messaging on their phones, typing quickly, getting the word out I'm guessing to all street gangs and thugs under their control. 

"How do you know it was the Spanish?", She asked them before Adam looked back up to me, the others following his stares, it made me feel uneasy with their eyes staring at me, well, glaring. Grandmother jumped when she saw me, as though she had forgotten me completely and that I was even in the house. 

"Did you see anything?", Adam asked me as I slowly nodded. He stared at me harder with his eyebrows furrowed, his brothers all were. The cousins seemed more annoyed than anything that I was even there, as though I was a little girl that should be shopping rather than getting involved in business. 

"Grandpa", I said quietly before running off down the hallway, wanting to get as far away as I could from them, not wanting any more questions as I heard them stomping to his office. Yelling quickly followed. 

Where the hell are you Sam? 

-------------

THIRD PERSON POV

Darkness filled the small room with only Sam's small body lying on the wooden floor, a blanket draped over her as to keep her warm. She was still asleep, the drugs still in her system as she peacefully snored away.

"Why don't we just kill her?", Ralph asked nervously to Glee, her red lipstick smothered on ten or so tissues, desperately trying to remove it. Scar face was tied to a pipe down in the basement, tape over his mouth as he tried to get free, still down from the car crash with a broken finger and a concussion. 

"Because, boss said no. Apparently she is the bait. For what, I got no clue", Glee responded to Ralph who was laying on the bed with his hands behind his head in a relaxed state, his tux stained with blood, his driving gloves now removed with a men's black wig now on the floor. Glee sighed in annoyance, staring at the closet they had stuffed the little girl in to try and hide her from the hotel staff. 

"Didn't they get the brother too?", Glee asked Ralph as he nodded slowly, his eyes closed as he now had a very bad headache. She nodded and stared at herself in the mirror, she was vain and always had been. 

"What do they want with her?", Glee asked again as Ralph sighed, annoyed with her questioning every small thing they did. 

"Why do you care? She'll be fine and anyway, she kicked you, doesn't matter what happens to her", Ralph replied, getting up from the bed, giving Glee a small but sweet kiss on the forehead and went into the bathroom to have a shower. 

Glee looked through the slants on the door at Sam, sighing as she pulled her fingers through her hair. She was nervous and new to the job, kidnapping is not what she though she would be doing. Ralph's phone went off as Glee quickly answered it. 

"Head to the airport with the kid, there will be a car waiting to pick you up. A flight to Spain in in two hours. If you aren't there, there will be problems. Boss made it clear, if there is a single scratch on her, there will be major problems for both of you", A voice recorded message came through, hanging up after the message was relayed. 

Glee chucked the phone down onto the bed and banged on the bathroom door.

"We got to go, we are going to the airport, I'll explain on the way", She said, standing outside for a few minutes before heading back into the main room, not noticing the missing phone on the bed. She checked on the closet just to make sure, finding Sam sleeping peacefully on the floor. 

The bathroom door opened as Ralph walked out, fresh clothes as he started packing, checking on Glee as she nervously did the same.

"Second thoughts?", He asked her as she shook her head.

"No, I need the cash and god, it's a lot", She replied with a nervous laugh as Ralph agreed with her, unbothered as he had done this many times before. He pulled her into a hug as she melted into his arms, finally being able to breathe. 

"The kid will be fine, the boss doesn't want anything to happen to her or her brother, it seems that they are bait for someone else entirely", Ralph said softly however it didn't make Glee feel any better. She was a soft woman and she was not made for this business. Money is the only reason she did in the first place. 

Sam moved slightly as her eyes opened, trying to identify the surroundings around her before Ralph opened the hotel door and put the bags in the car, opening and sorting out the boot as Glee slowly opened the door to the closet, staring at Sam with a look of regret, however it was now too late. There was nothing she could do for this girl. 

Ralph came back into the room and opened the door, picking Sam up carefully bridal style and took her to the car, put her in the boot as he turned to put the bags in. As he turned back around, Sam kicked him where Charlie had taught her too before she jumped out the back of the car, kicking him once more as Ralph groaned on the floor, yelling for Glee as she rushed out the room. 

Sam hid behind a bush trying to slow her breathing as much as she could, terrified they would find her. She had woken up a while ago and was waiting for the perfect moment to escape. She dialled Charlie's number yet no one picked up. She sighed before debating for a moment, she didn't know anyone else's phone number but his. 

She quickly put 911 into the phone but it cut off automatically, like it had been programmed that way. The only way she would be able to escape is if she was able to get away. She looked around quickly for movement before staring back at the car, Ralph was no longer on the floor and was now looking for her too with Glee.  

"We need to find this kid, or else we are screwed", Ralph said angrily as he slammed himself on the floor, checking under cars before he noticed Sam's shoes hidden behind the green bush, motioning to Glee as she also noticed. They both smiled before going on either side. Sam noticed this as she climbed through the front, shouting for help as Ralph put his hand over her mouth as she struggled, putting her back into the car. 

Glee found a cloth in the front, putting it on Sam's mouth as she was put back to sleep. Ralph shut the boot after he put the bags in the back and got in the drivers seat, Glee sat in the passengers seat breathing heavily. 

"Smart kid", Ralph said with a small laugh, shaking his head before turning the engine on quickly, pulling out of the Hotels parking lot, shoving his foot down on the gas. 

"This is weird Ralph, don't you think?", Glee asked him before he sighed, annoyed at her sympathy for Sam. Ralph knew it was weird that the Boss was so interested in the kid, and Glee was right, she was no ready for this type of job. 

"It doesn't matter, as soon as we drop this kid off to the airport, the job is done, the rest of the money goes into out account and we can forget this whole thing ever happened, and Boss will be happy, easy job", Ralph said with a charming grin as Glee shook her head. 

"Yeah I guess so, but I feel bad, she is only little", Glee said with a sigh as Ralph nodded in agreement, but both of them knew their boss was too scary for them to care about feelings or care.

Sam was soon to meet with boss, a scary man with a vengeance. What did this man want? Sam thought in her head, terrified yet motivated. She had to get home to Charlie and figure this thing out, the Spanish? What did they want from her?