26

Sam

This place is the biggest house I think I have ever seen. It makes the mansion back in England look tiny! There was even a curved bridge to get from one side to the other, obviously it took too long to get around normally! 

It also meant that if I wanted to avoid anyone within the place, it would be pretty easy. The whole place looked like a palace made of yellow stone and marble, it had turrets sticking out everywhere along with a pond right at the front. There was a huge fountain situated right in the centre like a court yard in a circular shape. As the cars all drove inside, I could see people stood at all the entrances and even on the roof, though non of them had their guns out, something told me they all had them.

Why are they still trying to hide this from me? Did they think I was an idiot? 

There was also a crowd of people waiting at the front door, grandparents maybe? Uncles? They looked older than Adam did but they still looked rather young. The uncles and aunts looked around 50 whereas the older ones looked about late 60's. Damn, people in this family have kids rather young.

Couldn't be me, I don't even know if I want to have children, especially not to live like this but you never know what happens. I've never had a mother so I wouldn't know what it feels like, Charlie is the closet thing I have to a mother, and a father actually. Though lately he has been more distant yet more protective, like he finally is seeing me as a child that shouldn't be told anything, basically Adam said something to him and he has completely changed.

He still wants to leave, right? I mean, that was the whole plan, his birthday is in less than two months and then we are heading to the road, maybe to find our grandmother or some other family from our mothers side. 

There were curtains moving from inside the house, a few faces could be seen, it looked like three girls a little bit older than I was and a bunch of other people, though there was one window moving from one of the turrets and I could see a girl around my age with brown hair staring at me. 

Why did I feel nervous? I am never nervous when I meet people, though I could suddenly see the shift in the car within Leo, Max and Aiden. There faces suddenly changed into something a lot less kind than I'm used to. 

"Are you guys nervous?", I asked them sarcastically, opening my mouth slightly to imitate shock as they all just smirked and nodded their heads slightly. 

"Nervous? This is family, but this family has certain rules and you're going to have to learn them as you go along, we can't just tell you how to behave", Leo said cryptically as the other two nodded, grabbing some sun glasses from a pot in the car.

"Is that one of the rules?", I said innocently though I meant it sarcastically. I think Leo realised that he shook his head at Aiden as Max just chuckled. I inhaled at we pulled up to the front door, there were more people now, cousins. 

There were loads of them just stood their waiting. I pulled Arktos tightly to my chest as a dude opened the door for Aiden and Max. They got out slowly, dramatically more like as they put their glasses on. I could see Charlie getting out of the other car, he kept moving his hands up and down the side of his legs to show how nervous he was. 

The elderly woman at the front, presumptuously my grandmother, had a huge smile on her face as Adam and Leo got out of the car.

"My grandbabies are here!", She said excitedly, pulling them both into a hug at the same time as Max, Aiden and Chris stood waiting for their turn. Raymond stayed close to Charlie as I got out of the car, holding onto Arktos as I gave everyone a good look up and down, trying to find any clue to what they are like.