14

Sam

Charlie has gone very quiet, as if he had gone deep in thought about something, and it was obvious that it was bothering him or that he was looking back on something. He didn't say anything about the piano thing though, he kinda just nodded and let it go, though I knew he would say something about it later if he was to see Leo trying to teach me. 

I didn't really know what to do but eat my noodles quietly with Arktos tucked in my side. I didn't know if I was to interrupt or just slowly put my noodles down and go and explore the place so I knew good escape routes if something went wrong.

I know they are up to something illegal and I don't know whether it would be smart to go looking about the place or just to stay safe.

But then again, I would feel like a detective, looking around and searching through things. I am small too so it would be easy to hide if they came. I would just need to distract Charlie, I knew he would come back to life any second now and he would instantly start looking for me. 

"Charlie", I asked him, making him fall out of his long staring and smile at me.

"Yes Sam?", He asked, eating his noodles. How do I do this then? Wait till he is sleeping? No he wakes up at the slightest noise and if he was to wake up and I was gone, he would go mad. 

So, I would have to wait till he went to school. I would go after him anyhow so I could look then. 

"Nothing, you just seemed to be in a trance", I asked him as he smiled, piling noodles in his mouth.  It was disgusting. Like a pig making as much noise as he could. 

"No, all good. So this piano thing", He asked, giving me a stern look as I gave him a pleading smile, trying my best to do my puppy eyes that I know he can't say no to. 

"You can do it. I know you have always wanted to learn and I didn't make enough so you could go to lessons so it's the best way. Also it's free. But if he gets mad or makes you uncomfortable about anything, let me know even if it means stopping the lessons completely. Understand?", He asked me, slurping more of his noodles, acting as if it didn't bother him though I could see he was upset about it. 

"Are you okay?", I asked him slowly as he nodded, his eyes filling with tears. 

"I'm fine Hun, just a bit overwhelmed at the moment with all the memories but I'm okay, are you?", He asked me, rubbing his eyes slightly. I gave him a thumbs up as he smiled. 

"Alright then, eat your noodles before they get cold then we can have a look around yeah? They have a pool too, I could teach you how to swim? You never got the chance to have lessons", He said with a grin. He loves swimming and always has. He is even on the swim team and he is really fast. 

He has never got less then third place, though he doesn't keep his trophies for some reason, he sells them to kids at his school, though who would want a random trophy I don't know but it made him a few quid. 

----------------------

Many noodles later...

"Alright lets go put these in the sink and check out the pool? And we can look at the library and the books they have. It means we don't have to go to the public one anymore, that's good right?", He asked me, picking up our bowls in one hand and messing up my hair with the other. 

I smack his hand away with annoyance as he laughed. I liked his laugh, it was warm and full with love. I wished he laughed more often. 

We walked down the kitchen to see a few maids in there, all gossiping about something though I did hear my name being mentioned. 

They all went silent when they realised we were there.

"Oh sorry sir, we didn't realise you were here", One of them muttered, she had blonde hair and perfect teeth, yet she didn't seem very nice at all. Charlie just nodded and sent them out of the kitchen.

"Oh I can clean that for you", A brunette said, coming from the garden, I could tell because she had grass stains down her maids dress, though she could of been a gardener. 

"It's alright, I got it, we can do things ourselves", Charlie said, as he was gatekeeping washing some plates. She just nodded with a smile, walking away slightly towards the door. She gave me a grin and stuck her hand out in a friendly manner.

"Olive, if you need anything come to me", She said with a grin, showing off her amazing smile. I nodded at her and stared at her hand, shaking my head with a smile, she seemed nicer than the other one. She laughed at me and gave me a wave, heading back into the garden. 

"Hum, people in this place are a little too friendly for my liking, don't you think?", He asked me, shaking his head as he washed the bowls, obviously annoyed.

"I though she was rather nice", I answered back, messing about with a rim of a tea towel. He just nodded with surprise as if he was thinking "well that's a first", which in all fairness, it was. 

He just nodded as he noticed me playing with the tea towel. He shook his head as he dried his hands, lifting me up onto the side so I could sit on it. He threw the towel at me.

"You can dry", He said with a grin. I sighed as I got to work, he was draping the bowls with water, giving them to me with water dripping off them. 

"Can you stop?", I asked him in annoyance as he laughed, flicking water in my eye. 

"Charlie!", I yelled, flicking water back at him as he gave me a look of surprise, his mouth wide open yet he was more mocking me than anything. We went in silence for a moment before he got a cup of water and threw it all over me, though it was luke warm. 

I was soaking wet, my hair was also dripping everywhere and I smelt gross. I glared at Charlie in annoyance as I grabbed a cup of water and threw it right back at him, this time more than three times in his face. Instead of getting annoyed he just laughed, picking me up and throwing me in the air.

"Charlie!", I said screaming whilst being thrown though secretly I rather liked it. I hated it when other people even breathed near yet alone touched me. It was rather fun though it was starting to make me feel ill from being thrown so high. 

"Okay I'll stop now", He said with a grin, setting me back down onto the floor and moving the hair from my face. He put his hands around my face smiling at me.

"I love you so much Sam, more than anything in this world", He said with a loving smile, patting me on the head and kneeling down. He looked liked his was about to cry to be honest, and I didn't know why.

"What's wrong? Why are you being so sentimental?", I asked him as he shook his head. He sighed deeply, scratching his head.

"Nothing Sammy, just wanted you to know that whatever you want to do, you don't have to hide it from me, I will always listen and if you really want to do something, I will always allow you to do so", He said giving me a stern look, making sure that I knew that he meant it. I nodded slowly, hugging Arktos. 

"Alright then, we should probably head up and you need to take a shower anyway, you're all smelly", He said with a grin, cleaning the bowls and putting them back where he found them. He headed into the hallway as I followed him, like a sheep. 

As we were about to head back up the stairs, the door slammed open, revealing Aiden, Max and Chris crashing through the door, all sweaty and gross. Aiden had a bunch of tattoos as well, all up his arm and on his neck of some random drawings, Max had some tattoos as well but less, he had a small one on the back of his neck of a butterfly and Chris didn't have any, not any that I could see anyway. 

They didn't seem to be paying attention to us so Charlie tugged on my arm to make me walk quicker, as if he didn't want them to see us. It didn't work very well.

"Hey there Charlie", Aiden said with a grin, obviously up to trouble. Charlie just nodded and tried to hurry up the stairs, yet Max ran up before he could.

"What's your problem then?", Charlie asked him as all of them just smiled.

"We just wanted to ask some questions, get to know our little sister a little better", Aiden said with a smile, pulling his sleeves up.

This isn't good.