18

Charlie

Sam was getting her foot all bandaged up in the kitchen as she sat on the kitchen side with Raymond, she gave me a nod of approval as he carried her and sat her onto the marble, I tried getting up myself  but my legs just gave away, I couldn't even hold my own body weight, let alone hers. Though she practically weighed nothing because she was small for her age. 

"Raymond, come look at Charlie after, he keeps groaning in pain though he tries to hide it", Adam asked Raymond as he menacingly stared at the fire, though it was rather less intimidating as he was eating a slice of pepperoni pizza in his other hand. I could feel the heat of the fire from sat over here though Adam acted like it didn't bother him. 

I glared at the back of his head for a moment and looked back to Sam who was looking at me with concern and worry. I gave her the biggest smile I could manage, trying to reassure her.

"I'm fine Sam, I promise, just a bit of back pain, I'm old you know?", I said quickly, trying to make her smile with the old joke but she didn't crack, rather just kept staring at me with wide eyes, pushing Raymond away to try and help me first.

"No, it's alright Sam, Charlie can cope more than you so we will get you fixed up first", Aiden said, trying to smile at Sam but she just crossed her arms at him, giving him a tiny look up and down, causing Leo to give a slight smirk but the others didn't catch it. 

"Shut up Aiden, this is you who who has caused this havoc, your lucky I didn't throw you out for the week and make you scrounge like a dog", Adam said loudly, trying not to shout in front of Sam in which she was more focused on her foot being bandaged up. My back was killing me, it hurt to move, it was like it was completely swollen, even the movement from my shirt touching my back hurt it even more. 

I was trying to breathe out slowly, as if it was going to stop the pain though it just made it worst. Sam was now staring right at me as Raymond was just finishing off, putting on some cream on her leg which was still rather swollen.

 Raymond got up from his knees with a sigh, putting the bandages and medicine into a box and making his way over to me. I just nodded at him then towards Sam.

"Sam will be fine, she just needs to rest, she looks shattered the poor thing", He said with us, as if Sam was a child or something, being left alone in the kitchen to play with her imaginary dolls. I saw her stare at me with a straight face, her eyebrows raised slightly in a sarcastic manor. 

"She can hear you, tell her that, don't treat her like a child, trust me, she's got the cheek of a fully grown woman", I said half seriously and sarcastically as Raymond nodded, understanding my meaning. 

"Alright, your turn", Raymond said, turning to me and grabbing his medicine out of his box. I just stared at him for a moment as Raymond rolled his eyes slightly, probably annoyed that he had to apologise to a child.

Sam

"Okay, fine", he said, putting the medicine on the side and turning to face me, though his face softened when he looked at me. 

I think Raymond puts on the sweet guy act to be honest and I think Charlie is also seeing through it, he seems to have his moments where he turns from a cute and smart kid to someone quite overprotective, I think the term is more possessive than anything. Charlie wouldn't put up with it if he was like that all the time, I mean, the only reason he was putting up with Raymond was because he knew I liked Raymond for being smart.