39

Charlie

Planned? That entire thing was planned? The break it? 

"What do you mean planned?", I asked Raymond as he put his hand on his mouth with widened eyes, obviously he wasn't supposed to say anything as he sighed in annoyance. Marino raised his eyebrows at Raymond before turning to face the front of the car.  He sighed as he put his music in at full volume as Beyoncé came on quietly in the car, minding his own business, at least he is giving us some privacy.

"Adam planned the whole thing out. Like I said, what's the best way to completely confuse our enemies, lead them to the Spanish? Give them false information. Create fake files for them to find to think exactly what we want them to think, that they are traitors. It's a win-win situation, they get off our back but at the same time try and kiss our biggest competition", He said with a smile, as if what he just said wasn't completely crazy. As if this was a normal conversation to have.

"Do you know how dangerous that was? Sam could of been hurt! She could of been anywhere in that house and you had no idea when they were coming! Do you know how reckless that was?", I yelled at him before Raymond stopped smiling and put his hand on my shoulder, giving me a weak smile.

"We would never put you and Sam in harms way, ever. And we knew exactly when they were going to attack the home, where they would come from and what they had. Everyone was fine in the end, no one died but their side and it was a fun family experience", he said before I shoved his hand off my shoulder, causing it to hit the car seat. 

"Yeah, we were fine, but Jules wasn't, James wasn't", I argued with him as he rolled his eyes, turning back to the front of the car, acting as though I was being a child. 

"How were we supposed to know that your friends were going to come to our house without you telling us", He said back in an annoyed tone, as though I was the one that had done something wrong. 

"Well it would of been nice to have a heads up you know?", I said back in an equally annoyed tone, trying to get him to bite back but he just sat in silence before putting on the radio. 

"We are going to a hotel for the night before getting a flight back early in the morning. Me and Marino have some business to take care of in London so we will be leaving you alone for a bit, is that alright?", He asked me before I nodded my head, happy that I could sneak out and finally tell Jules everything about my estranged family. Something I had wanted to do for years but she had no reason to know. 

Now she does. 

Marino removed his headphones and turned back to us. 

"You guys friends again?", He asked before me and Ray nodded at him, causing him to smile and sigh in relief. 

"Thank gosh, it was going to be a couple of very awkward hours if you guys fought the entire time we were here", He said with a grin, trying to cause us to laugh but we both gave him a straight face. 

It was around twenty minutes later that we pulled up to a rather fancy hotel, it had British flags outside with a dude in a tuxedo waving to someone inside. 

"Just, act like you belong alright? We have a reputation to keep up as a family", He said to me as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah being complete assholes", I muttered under my breathe as Marino gave me a smirk and a small thumbs up. 

As we got out of the car, five or so body guards came around us before Ray and Marino put their sunglasses on, really fitting in the mould of complete douche. Staff put their heads down as we passed and Ray rolled up his sleeves to show off his tattoos covering his arms. Other guests stared at us as they kept their distance. 

"Hey, put these on", Marino whispered as he handed me a pair of sunglasses, rolling his own sleeves up slowly as he gave a few winks to women as majority of them swooned, the others shaking their heads yet I could see a small smirk at the bottom of their mouths. I slowly put the glasses on and put on a straight face, ignoring all the women around me.

I knew that soon enough I would have to sneak out and I would rather people not know who I am, hopefully all these people would be gone by the time I can leave.

We got to the counter and the receptionist already had her hand out with the keys. A body guard grabbed them quickly before handing them to Raymond as he gave the receptionist a small wink, causing her to go bright red.

I sighed as we got into the lift, clicking the penthouse suite right at the top of the hotel. What a cliché. Marino inputted the keys into the lift to open the door, clicking it open. 

It opened up to a large living room area with three sofa's pointed towards a large television surrounded by book shelves and video games. There was a mini water fall in the background with a small pool in the centre. A huge aquarium separated three hallways which most likely went to bedrooms and a kitchen.

"Aright, pick your room. There is an abundance of them however the left hand hallway is not for you. It's for business. We are heading out in a bit before we shower, food is in there. Also Charlie, please behave, this is family reputation", Raymond said to me as he headed into the left hallway, not saying another word to me. 

Marino headed to the right hallways as they both went into different rooms. Great, was really feeling the family vibe right now. The bodyguards left the room and stood outside, not before they did an entire sweep of the place. 

I took the first room on the left before locking the door behind me. I checked my window before realising that it was not happening, given the fact we were about twenty floors high up. 

I tried to open the window to let in some air before I saw a security tag on the window clicking on and off. They even had alarms on the windows, even this high up. How often had they stayed there before. 

"Alright, we are heading out right now so call us if you need anything but make sure it's an emergency", I heard Marino yell before the door slammed shut. Right, this was the time before the flight tomorrow. 

I opened the door to my room slowly and waited for the lift to hit the bottom and waited for twenty minutes before calling it back up, fully checking that they had time to get their cars back and leave the building. 

As I got into the lift I clicked onto the third floor, trying to think as Sam does so I would use the stairwell instead. As I headed down, I managed to find myself in the café kitchen. A back door.

So far so good. 

I headed through the back door and left into the car park, looking behind me every now and again to check that I hadn't been followed. As I headed down the street some more, I ditched my jumper and hailed a taxi, asking them to take me to down town first before I caught another taxi to the hospital, making sure that someone didn't see me or follow me. 

As I got to the hospital, I used the back entrance, knowing their connections it would make sense that they would have someone watching the front or a nurse to be on their side. 

As I slowly made my way up to the room, I stole a blue jacket from a waiting room and put the hood over my head, trying to cover my face from any camera's that might be in the hallways. I got to the room and slowly opened the door and found Jules asleep with James tucked up in his arms. 

Before I got closer to the bed, Jules shot up and grabbed a water bottle close to her, she went to throw it before she realised it was me.

"Hey! Wait, it's me", I whispered to her as she sighed in relief. She put the water bottle down and she removed her arm around from James and tucked him in before getting up and sitting next to the window. 

"Tell me everything", She said as I sat down, sighing as she passed me a bottle of water. I could hear James snoring in the background as she turned to me, giving me a small smile before lighting a cigarette. 

Alright, this is going to take a while.