20

(MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope everyone got what they wanted and you have an incredible day!)

James (Surprise!)

"Mum?", I asked her as we sat in plastic chairs outside the trailer, it was raining so we had the tarp up but it still kind of dripped onto us, though I wasn't bothered, rather I was used to it, I had lived in a trailer for the majority of my life, being fostered since I was a toddler, living with my mum like this was normal.

"Yes darling?", She asked me, she had car grease on her face as she was a full time mobile mechanic, that's how she made money when we travelled and she had been teaching me a few things, what the different tools did, how to tell if there's something wrong with the car just by the sound of it, stuff like that. 

"Can we go and see Sam?", I asked her, I heard her on the phone a few days ago with Charlie, Sam's older brother, telling her that they were moving again and they had to move schools because of it, I could tell my mum was upset, she had wanted to foster them for years now but never got permission for some strange reason, just because she was a single mum they thought she couldn't handle three kids, especially not Sam.

But Sam was actually pretty chill when you knew who she was as a person and what her boundaries are, I mean she has a lot of them, but we have been friends for years now so I know pretty much everything about her. 

"Not right now Hun, Charlie and Sam are settling in with their brothers", She said quickly, staring off into the rain as if she was worried about something, her eyebrows were raised too as though she was thinking in deep thought.

"Why? Brothers?", I asked quickly, brothers? Sam never mentioned having brothers, did she keep that from me on purpose? My mum nodded and turned to face me, wiping her nose which caused the dirt to smudge.

"I know right, Charlie said it was a shock to both of them as well", She said with a frown, as if she though Charlie was lying which makes sense, he is much older than Sam so wouldn't he remember his brothers if they shared the same father and mother. Or? Me and my mother both raised out eyebrows at each other, obviously thinking the same thing, but then we both shook our heads.

"Nah, they look too alike to having different parents", She said quickly, swinging a drink from her can, I nodded and did the same, however mine was diet coke, hers was not.

"But it's been days, I miss her", I said quickly as my mum just smirked, I rolled my eyes at her but didn't say anything.

"I do too hunny, as difficult as she is sometimes, she is a little angel", She said with a grin, they had always got along really well with each other and I could tell my mum loved Sam like her own daughter. She sighed after a moment and shook her head.

"But you just moved schools, do you want to move again just so you can be with her?", She asked me with her eyebrows raised, a questionable look on her face, I snorted at her like a pig.

"Yes, of course, she needs me when Charlie isn't around, who is going to protect her?", I asked my mum quickly, worrying about the bullying she might get just because I'm not around to help her.

"I don't think you give her enough credit J, she is perfectly capable on her own, you know how smart that kid is, a little Einstein, stick with her for the next decade and she will make a fortune, I'm telling you now", She said with a confirming nod.