31

Sam

"Charlie?", I asked him as he smiled, hugging me tightly in his arms as I tried to move away, annoyed that he was hugging me in the first place.

"I'm really sorry Sam, I truly am, I shouldn't of yelled at you", He said to me, moving my long hair from my face as smiling at me with relief. I pushed him away gently as I nodded, my arms crossed against my chest as I glared at him slightly. He sighed as he knelt down to my level, revealing my trusty sidekick Arktos from behind his back.

"Do you forgive me now", He asked me with a grin on his face as I nodded, taking Arktos back into my arms. 

I hugged him tightly to my chest as my others brothers and some of my cousins revealed themselves, Adam came rushing through with a gun hooked to his arm. I could see Charlie giving him a look however I just rolled my eyes at them. 

"Please, if I haven't figured out what was going on right away, clearly I have problems", I said sarcastically as they all nodded, shaking their head slightly. Scar face was on the ground, Max and Aiden holding guns to his head.

"Wait wait, I did what I was supposed to, I brought the kid over to you, she is breathing right? Tell them", He asked me, throwing his hands up in the air towards my brothers. They all turned to me as shooting went of in the background, men shouting in pain as they fell to the ground. 

"Come on, let's head of here and let the others deal with whatever this is", Charlie said to me, trying to lead me away from the situation. I could hear scar face yelling at my brothers as I sighed.

"Wait", I said quietly as they all turned to me, I hugged Arktos tightly due to the hated amount of attention I was getting. 

"He did help me a lot to get away from those people, which I do have many questions about, and he is super loyal to whatever you guys do for a living", I said quickly, giving them a small sarcastic wink at the end. Charlie rolled his eyes at me as he stood in front of me like a shield, blocking me from the view of people fighting in the background. 

"He did?", Adam asked me in a super serious voice, one that I hadn't heard before, it had no warmth in it, rather annoyance that Scar face actually helped me out. 

"Yep, he even stopped himself from telling me about you know what", I said back, more sarcasm emphasised as I winked at them again, gaining me a small smile from all of them.

This is good, gain some sort of empathy so they will be less mad later when they all yell at me for running away. Genius. 

"Fine, he can leave", Adam replied back, waving his hand towards Aiden and Max as they lowered their guns, they themselves seemingly annoyed that they couldn't shoot him. 

"Like for good?", I asked them, trying my best to give them my innocent eyes. It would be great if Scar face stayed around, I could get him to do whatever I wanted now that I know he was terrified of my brothers. 

"Hmm, you may be smart Sam, but we are not stupid", Max said with a small laugh as the others raised their eyebrows at him as he looked at them with surprise.

"Are you speaking for all of us? Including you?", Aiden questioned him as Max rolled his eyes at him. 

"Children, behave", Raymond replied to them with an annoyed look on his face as Chris smirked at their immaturity. 

"No, No, the kid is onto something, I will protect her with my life, I pledge an oath-", Scar face said out of nowhere, starting an oath until Max punched him the jaw, knocking him out. 

"He was annoying me", Max said with a smug look on his face as Raymond shook his head at him. Adam went off to call someone on his phone, yelling slightly as Aiden swore at Max for punching Scar face.

"She doesn't need anymore protection, she has all of us", Max argued as Chris shouted back at him.

"It doesn't hurt someone else willing to literally give their life for her, and he met her not even a day ago!", Chris argued as they all started to yell at each other, asking each other if it's normal that a random stranger will give their own life for a child they didn't even know. 

"Why would we allow this man around her when she doesn't even know him well", Raymond asked them all calmly as Leo stood there messaging people in his phone, breathing heavily as we all listened to Aiden, Max and Chris arguing as Raymond watched with a smirk on his face.

"Alright, everyone now knows you are safe and we are all going to head to the manor", Leo said to me with a stern look on his face. I looked down to the ground to avoid his gaze as he knelt down next so he was on my level like Charlie was.

"We are not angry with you Sam, but we were so worried about you, we didn't know where you went, you completely disappeared and you cannot do that in this line of business, now you know what we do, you have to be safe at all time", He told me, putting his hand to my face to make sure I was listening. I nodded at him as he gave me a smile.

"Max and Aiden was about to burn the whole city down just to find you", He said quietly to me as he turned to the boys arguing.

"She won't be safe with a stranger, we don't even know him", Max yelled once again as they kept arguing, stupidity is something they must of gotten from each other. 

"We should ask Sam what she thinks", Charlie said out of nowhere as they all stopped arguing, glaring at Charlie as he glared right back. 

"Fine, we shall ask the child, who has no idea about this business and has an extreme bad sense in trusting people, Sam, what do you think?", Leo said sarcastically as he turned to me with his eyebrows raised. 

"I don't know, what are you asking?", I asked back, raising my eyebrows in return. They all sighed as Max messaged someone on his phone, only for a few minutes later a bottle of water was handed to him by a guy in a suit, blood on his shirt. My eyes widened which was swiftly noticed by Charlie as he moved in front of me, blocking my view. 

"Is every single one of them dead?", Adam asked the guy in the suit quietly though I could still hear them. The bodyguard nodded, telling them that there was 19 overall with each one being killed. Brilliant.

"Yes Sir, everything is in order and our people are now cleaning up the area, did you want us to remove Hunter away from this area?", He asked as Adam looked at me for a moment, shaking his head in disagreement. 

"No, I think I have a new job for him to apply to", Adam told him, waving his hand as the bodyguard nodded and walked away. He sighed and turned to me, pointing at "Hunter" otherwise known as Scar face. 

"You want this man to protect you", He asked me, staring me directly in the eyes. I nodded as I hugged Arktos, looking as innocent as possible. Adam sighed and shook his head.

"Fine, but you have to stop looking at me like that, you know I will give you whatever you ask for when you do", He said slowly, annoyed that I got him to agree. I grinned at him as Charlie messed up my hair. 

Max emptied the entire bottle on Scar face as he quickly got up, going to punch Max however he quickly got him by the throat and shoved him against a tree. As Scar face realised what was happening, he quickly apologised as Max threw him against the ground. 

"Whatever, but try and punch me again, I will shoot you between the eyes", Max said in a scary tone, towering over Scar face. He nodded his head quickly, breathing heavily as he looked up to me. 

"I guess you are the reason I am still alive", He said quickly, a tone of gratitude in his voice. I nodded as Charlie moved in front of me as I tried to look past his leg. 

"Yes she is, we have a job offer, one with much better pay yet it will risk you're life and you would have to deal with a smart arse brat everyday", Aiden said with a smirk as I secretly flipped him off as he widened his eyes in surprise. 

"Hey, the smart arse just flipped me off", He said quickly, pointing his finger at me as I innocently looked up into the sky, trying not to make eye contact. 

"Whatever, are you in or not?", Raymond asked Scar face as he sat for a moment, thinking about it. 

"Is it really a choice?", He asked as they all gave him a knowing look. He nodded and sighed, bowing slightly.

"At your service m'lady", He said to me as it caused me to smile. This is going to make my time in this manor a lot more fun.