60

Sam

It's been two days since the whole incident in the pool house and the three evils have really started to get on our nerves. What doesn't help is that we have school tomorrow even though we really needed to get a bus or a train to my old home.

I was debating on telling Charlie but he is still being strange about being far away from Jules and James and I didn't want to upset him further because he also started his high school tomorrow.  

"I swear, why can't you pick your family", Ebony said suddenly, bursting into my room loudly and slamming the door shut.

"You can", I mumbled, focusing on the book I was reading, trying to figure out how to get a new identity and life with the one I stole from Adam's library. I was trying to read it quickly to make sure he didn't realise it was missing.

"What did they do this time?", I asked quietly, skimming the pages quickly, just realising how easy it was to fake who you are by using the identity of a dead person of the same gender and born the same year that you are and using their social security number in addition to getting hold of their birth certificate which you need your social security number from, which is stated on the death certificate which is easily bought through the black market.

So what I need: a death certificate of five people that were born the same year as we all were and buy them. The issue was money but I had a massive plan on how this whole thing will be resolved. I just needed to set it up for both families to need to come to an agreement.

"They cut up some of my favourite clothes", Ebony said with a sad face and a pout as I shook my head at her slightly, wondering why she was complaining to me about it and not going to tell grandpa.

"Did you tell grandpa or Adam?", I asked her quietly again, trying to seem busy with the reading but she didn't really get the hint.

"Yep, I told Grandpa but he was busy talking to the men about something and told me to just go shopping and get it replace, and waved me off. He seemed annoyed about it but when is he not annoyed", She said with a heavy sigh, laying down on my bed with her hand on her head dramatically.

"Okay, have fun", I said to her with a smile and got back to speed reading, the quicker I got through this, the easier it would be to get away from this family and to get Charlie back to normal.

"Can you come with me?", She asked me with a smile, kneeling in front of me with a pleading look on her face.

"Right now?", I asked her with raised eyebrows, shaking my head at the same time.

"Yep, we have school tomorrow and I want to make sure we look good. People from school have been asking me about you, you know, the long lost cousins", She said with a smile as I slowly put my book down.

"And what did you say?", I asked her calmly with a slight bit of interest. She shook her head.

"Absolutely nothing of course, they are interested in meeting you though", She said with a grin as I went back to my book, bored with both her and the books itself at this point.

"What are you doing?", She asked me, climbing next to me and tucking her legs in to see the book.

"Trying to keep us all safe", I said with a smile as I was nearly finished. It was a small book of about 100 pages and I started it half an hour ago so I had a couple pages left. Important pages. 

"How?", She asked me with an innocent look on her face but I could sense the mischief. 

"Why?", I turned to her, putting the book down on my lap as here innocence turned back to her normal composure.

"I want to know your plan and if it involves me at all", She said directly, expecting me to leave her out of the plan made me feel sad for her but at the same time it made me angry.

"You seriously think that we would leave you out and leave you here?", I asked her genuinely as she looked at me with a straight face and nodded. I didn't know how to deal with this situation correctly but rather tell her the truth.

"Of course we are taking you with us. I have a plan in place and I just need to contact James to get it going from his end too. Don't worry, us FIVE will be together in the end. We will live in a medium sized house, in a normal neighbourhood, go to a normal school and live very normal lives", I told her in a matter of fact tone as she nodded her head.

"Okay, when?", She asked me as I sighed. I had no idea when to be honest, a plan like the one I had either happens very quickly or takes months. It counts on everyone but the five of us. All we needed to do was plant the evidence. 

"Soon", I said, lying to her as Charlie used to lie to me to make me feel better.

"So, shopping?", Ebony said with a grin as I shook my head at her.

"I can't right now, I need to figure out the bus route I need to take tomorrow to get the phone from James, hopefully he has sorted it out by now and it should be there by tomorrow or I'll need to keep going every day to check.

"How long is the bus?", She asked me as I shrugged my head.

"It took a few hours last time to get here so I'm guessing a bit longer because of the constant stops but around three hours", I guessed however I had no clue until the day as I had no access to internet still and I need to find the right bus to take with the timetable hung up at the stop itself. 

"So I need to cover for you for a whole day?!", She said loudly, I quickly put my hand to her lips to shut her up as she shook it lose.

"How the hell am I going to do that? You need to tell Charlie. I need his help for this one especially if we need a distraction or something", Ebony pleaded with me as I thought about it.

"No. I don't think we should tell him, he is already stressed at the moment and he would never allow me to take a three hour bus drive to our ex-foster fathers home by myself. Especially with the danger that is going on at the moment. So don't say a word to anyone", I said coldly as she nodded her head quickly, beginning to realise the situation.

"So are you taking the bus right in the morning or coming to school for a while?", She asked me as I sat for a moment to think. 

"I won't come in. I will have to be ill. The men are never in the house anyway, aunties always go out to shop, grandpa is dealing with the business at the moment so it will just be me at home with the guards and maids. Okay, here's the plan. Tomorrow when everyone has left for work and the evils have headed off to school, you will head there late as you need to inform the staff I am ill and do not want to be disturbed in my room. Since no one else will be here, we have to hope that no one comes to check on me. Before you leave, I will be waiting in your car in the back where we will drive to school. You will need to distract the guards as I get out the car and hide as they leave. I will then head to the bus stop and quickly get the phone and get back before school ends, catching a lift with you at the end", I said quickly as she nodded her head, as if mentally writing it down as I spoke.

"We clear?", I asked her as she stood up tall like a soldier and stomped her foot.

"Sir yes sir", She said with a grin. I shook my head at her and got back to my book, nearly finishing it just in time to check that everything will go to plan tomorrow. 

"Okay, I'm going shopping to get some new clothes for tomorrow as I seriously am pissed about my ones", She said, skipping to the door waving to me.

"You know, you could always get them back", I said with a smirk as she nodded her head.

"Oh you bet I will. And if anyone cares about it, I will just cry", She said with an evil laugh, slamming the door behind her and rushing down the hallway, stomping her feet as she went.

Finally, some silence.