11

Sam

This room is vile. Vicky walked me and Charlie up the big glass stairs and onto a balcony overlooking the entrance, she brought us to the left side of the house and into a long corridor which had four doors, they were plain white doors which is weird because I thought with so many people there would be at least names on the doors.

Charlie did mention they did dodgy work, so maybe it was for safety reasons not to have their names on the doors.  Still, I would have to explore soon. Despite Charlies rules, he said not to go in their rooms, how was I supposed to know it was their bedrooms? They could be a closet or a bathroom... Gosh I love a good loop hole. 

She said to Charlie that his room was next to mine, he nodded without an expression so I couldn't tell what he was thinking right now. Mine was the one right at the end, it had a different handle than the others though, whereas they had white handles, I had a yellow one. Why?  

She opened the door for me to reveal a entirely pink room. The carpet, the wardrobe, the bedsheets, hell, even the bed was pink with a pink bed board. It was all wooden furniture with a tiny bookcase, of course pink, with a few children's books on them. It had a white circle rug in the middle, it had a window seat which had cushions and a giant blanket on it. There was another door, this one white, in the room as well which turned into a walk in closet. 

Yay, I can put the five things that I own. I can hang up the three t-shirts I have among this giant rack. It had a big mirrored wall as well so I could see how my three outfits look like, what a variety! I sigh at my stupid joke and turn to Charlie, who also had an equally disgusted look on his face. 

"At least you get your own room", He said with a smile, though it looked like he had just smelled a really bad fart. 

"True", I replied quietly, debating on how to turn this bedroom into something that won't give me a headache. I don't mind pink at all, just only in small portions. I mean, I'll be keeping the window seat for sure, but I think I might change a few things, I like the rug, it's comfy but I would rather not waste Charlie's money. 

I could paint the wardrobe, the bookshelf and the bed board a nice colour that goes with pink, maybe a white or an olive green or something. I would change the bedsheets with some cool space ones, maybe a light galaxy set. I have sheets but its for a single, not a double which is annoying but I can ask Charlie for some money. 

I feel bad asking him though, he works two jobs on top of school, so he works very hard for his money but I can always pay him back when I'm older. I didn't want to ask Adam or any of the others for anything because I don't want to feel like I have to return the favour. 

"We will go shopping in a little bit, I know you hate it", He said loudly, hoping for Vicky to get the hint I'm guessing and leaving us alone. I just stood in the middle of the room trying to figure out the best way of organising the room so I have plenty of space. 

I nodded at him as he left the room, most likely going to look at his own room. Vicky didn't leave me though, she stayed at the door as if waiting for me to ask her something, to order her about. She seemed nervous though, her hands were trembling slightly and her face seemed to be smiling but she also seemed off. 

"Are you alright Sam? Can I get you anything?", She asked me, smiling. I just shook my head and sat at the window seat. It was a rather tall window and it shadowed the forest they had through their back garden, a forest I can explore later when Charlie is at work and he can't be annoyed with me for going. 

"Yo Sam, wanna see my room?", Charlie asked me, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. He looked at me with concern after a few seconds. 

"You alright?", He asked me, noticing something was wrong. I just nodded my head, I was suddenly feeling very overwhelmed about everything. He came over to me and sat on the opposite seat of the window. 

"Hey, it's going to be alright, you know I'm right here, and you won't be all alone anyway, look I wasn't going to tell you, but James and his mum moved their caravan here, your going to school together hun", He said with a grin. 

"Really?!", I asked excitedly, James was the only one to ever understand me properly, he never tried to hug me or mess with my things, he was the most patient guy I know, more than Charlie even,  though he wasn't very smart, he was cool. 

Charlie nodded his head as I jumped up and down in my seat. It calmed me down knowing that he was going to be there when we both go to the new school, he never had any trouble making friends, he was always part of the popular group by break, I would normally just sit on my own and he would come over and make sure that I was alright, but he knew I liked being on my own. 

"Okay wanna see my room?", He asked me, as he was already making his way to the door. I giggled slightly at his excitement, something he shows only rarely, and something I do very rarely. I got up and followed him to the door next to mine. 

It was his style completely, which makes sense because they did know him before but they didn't know him now, unless...now that's a thought. Maybe they've been watching him? But if they did, how did they not know about me? How did they find us at the museum? There are so many questions, if they said they have been trying to find him, why did they wait till now to have us move here?

I needed to search through some things when everyone isn't in the house, like when the oldest ones are at work and the others are at school. I always have a week before starting my new school before Charlie so he can get settled, then I would go so Charlie could drop me off. 

That would be the perfect time to go snooping around, to go look through the forest to see the best routes to run if things go wrong, which I'm guessing they would with how much security they had, as well as all the precautions in the house so they don't know who is in each room. 

Maybe they just didn't have names? Sure, that might be a possibility, but maids and cooks would have to know where to go and who is where, so it would make sense to have names or labels around.  

"Helloooo", Charlie said, waving a hand in my face, trying to snap me out of my trance. I pushed his hand away from me in annoyance. 

"Sorry, I was thinking, your room is nice", I said quietly, looking around with my hands resting behind my back. 

"You think?", He asked, sitting on his bed. I nodded enthusiastically as he smiled. It was a nice room to be fair, it was blue and white instead, with a big blue backwall which shows a picture of the ocean, it had a big double bed with blue spotted sheets which he seemed to be a fan off, he didn't have a window seat but instead a big desk, most likely so he can do his homework. 

"Wanna switch?", I asked with a smile, as he just shook his head.

"No way in hell", He said quickly, jumping on his bed and kicking his shoes off. 

"This room is mine, don't try and give me the puppy eyes to switch either because I won't fall for it!", He said quickly, putting his hands over his eyes to mimic being blind to my puppy eyes. 

"Okay fine. But can we please go shopping soon", I asked him, jumping on the end of the bed. He nodded at me with a smile. 

"Of course, you hungry?", He asked me, patting his tummy. 

"Cause I'm starving", He said happily, getting up and putting his shoes back on. I didn't really want to go downstairs but I was also starving having skipped breakfast, I dont' normally eat a lot because I'm rather picky, but I will always eat breakfast. 

I nodded slowly as he jumped up. 

"Lets go then", He replied with a smile. Wait, how the hell do we get there?