Sixteen

"Me what did I do?!" Hongjoong exclaimed, this time Seonghwa had his full attention.

"You know that Lee Know was right." Seonghwa held his head in his hands.

"Since when are you friendly with Stray Kids?"

"Hyung, is that what you are more concerned about?!" Jongho snapped at the leader and Hongjoong gave his best 'watch yourself' look at the youngest.

"He said that I should have made my move before that fish was caught by someone else." The whole room was silent, until Wooyoung let out a burst of laughter. One by one each of the members giggled and Hongjoong and I were sitting there just trying to process what he meant.

"But now that the line was casted, it is not my catch anymore. I wish I would have been not as cold towards that fish when I first saw it. I misjudged it and now I'm sitting here watching as someone claims them." He cried and he struggled to get to his feet. He grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair and he stumbled to the door.

San and Jongho were the first ones up before we realized what was happening. "Hyung stop!" A burst of freezing air whirled in as Seonghwa threw open the door. He managed to get his jacket on and his beanie, as he walked out of the restaurant.

Hongjoong and Yunho paid the bill and we all ran out of the Ramen Inn after the oldest member. Thankfully the sidewalks were not crowded because there was a heavy chance of it snowing tonight. The leader called out to me as I raced forward, ahead of everyone else to grab Seonghwa who was stumbling as he tried to run.

"Seonghwa!" I yelled with all I had and He stumbled forward, grabbing the streetlight for support. I slowed down to a jog as I got closer to the Idol.

At this point Seonghwa was hysterically crying. Mingi and Yunho helped him up the stairs to the dorm and once we got inside, we discarded our jackets, hanging them on the hooks. Seonghwa was sniffling softly as they guided him to the couch. Beyond drunk, he fell into the cushions and I sat next to him. The others took a seat around us and Hongjoong sat beside me.

"Hwa what is going on?" San asked, Wooyoung rested his chin on his shoulder and thy both looked at their older brother with a sad look in their eyes.

"I lost my fish." He cried out and he covered his mouth as if to hold back the sob as a fresh stream of tears welled in his eyes.

"Hyung, you never had a fish." Jongho stated blankly and Mingi giggled.

"I did it had purple green and pink scales." He sniffled and suddenly something clicked.

"Wait and what color are the scales again?" I asked as he lifted his head, squinting as he looked behind me.

"They are not those colors, I meant blue, silver and black." I nodded as I finally knew what he was getting at.

"Is it really a fish you are talking about? Because you just described her hair-" Mingi's eyes widened as it finally hit everyone.

"Oh shit." Yeosang mumbled as he covered his mouth as it fell open in shock.

We all sat there in silence as we realized that he was actually talking about me. So that message from lee Know was about me and he was trying to warn Seonghwa to make his move now, or else it would be too late.

"Hwa, I would never steal anything away from you." Hongjoong said softly, and Seonghwa just sat there staring at the floor as a tear dropped down from his long lashes.

Whoever knew that a single drop of water can make so much noise. The others were completely shocked with what the oldest had confessed. In simplest terms, he had some type of deep feelings for me, but he didn't outright come out and say it. Hongjoong looked guilty, and I couldn't help but think that Hongjoong was trying to find a way to make his best friend crack with jealousy.