Twenty-Three

A few movies later, I was halfway through a drama when my phone went off. Felix stirred as I reached for the phone that was on the cushion next to us. I continued to gently run my fingers through his hair as he hummed and fell back asleep. I paused the show and swiped my finger to answer the call.

"Hello?" I heard noise in the background and Wooyoung and Hongjoong were bickering about rainbow sherbet ice cream.

"Hey,how are you holding up?" My heart fluttered as Seonghwa's voice yelled over all the background noise.

"I'm good. How are you? How was the flight?"

Seonghwa went on about how long the flight was and how he passed out in the van when they were on their way to the hotel. Then I chuckled as he told me about how Yeosang and Jongho were fighting with Mingi about which coffee was better. He went to go say something else but I heard their crew manager yell at them to get out on stage.

"Have fun!" I said but the line went dead before he could even hear it.

I frowned as I locked my phone and tossed it aside. It was the second time today where he was pulled away and he was not allowed to talk much. But what did I expect? They were on tour and they had a different schedule than I did.

Chan came out of his room and asked to borrow my phone. I happily opened my phone and handed it to him. As he punched in a phone number, he walked off talking to someone. I didn't pay much attention as I resumed the show. Chan came back after a few minutes and he handed it back. I waved it off and he tossed it on the spot next to me.

I continued my show as my phone chimed signaling I got a message.

Hongjoong had sent me a picture of him, Yunho and San before they were about to walk out on stage. As I sent a message back to reply. It didn't send right away, and after I locked it, I heard the message send. I didn't think much of it, probably because they had a poor connection. I put my phone down and continued to watch the show, while absentmindedly petting Felix.

  An hour later, the boys were done recording,  Chan leaned over the couch, his chin rested on my shoulder and my breath caught in my throat. He gently shook Felix and the young idol blinked his eyes open. I moved my head and I noticed that Chan's hands froze as he noticed my movement. He peeked at me out of the corner of his eye and he mumbled something, moving his head away.

He cleared his throat and spoke to Felix softly. He got up and rubbed his eyes, smiling at me brightly as I ruffled his hair. Lee Know and Han were busy in the kitchen cooking up dinner. Whatever he was cooking smelled delicious. My stomach made a noise and Felix chuckled. I realized that I hadn't eaten all day.

After dinner, I washed up and managed to get dressed without any help. I heard a soft knock coming from the other side of the door. I zipped the suitcase shut, and slid it back underneath the bed.

"Come in." I said as I sat on the edge of the bed.

The door opened and Felix came walking in with a blanket wrapped around his body. I smiled as he came trotting over to me and he hopped on my bed. He pulled me onto the bed and cuddled with me. Chan's warm, black, furry blanket enveloped us like a giant warm hug. It seemed like Felix had some sort of sixth sense when it comes to knowing when someone is not feeling happy.

Again, tonight the emptiness feeling came back when I was sent straight to voicemail when I tried to call Seonghwa. None of my messages went through, but the others got my messages perfectly fine. Which seemed a bit odd, but I just assumed his phone died and he was too busy to charge it.

Felix did not say two words as he snuggled up closer to me. His body shivered as his cold arm wrapped around my abdomen and his icy fingers gripped my shirt. Now I knew what Chan meant when he said that Felix felt like home. Love radiated off his body like gentle waves kissing the shore. He gave off that sense of peace and pure compasion.

As the wind howled outside, I snuggled with Felix and I felt his body relax. He must have been nervous about the blizzard because he came in with a frightened look. I turned over and wrapped my arms around him, he nuzzled his face into my chest and hummed as my body heated up his. I tried my hardest to tell him that I was here for him, to keep him safe without using any words. He snuggled with me like a child would with their parents.

I rubbed his back and his breathing evened out as he fell asleep. I rested my chin on the top of his head and his long black hair tickled my nose. His strawberry and vanilla scent filled my nose and I could hear the boys shuffling around in the other room. He had left the door open, which was alright with me, since the others won't assume we were up to no good. I thought back to this morning when Han and Changbin caught Chan and I. My stomach twisted in knots at the thought of Seonghwa finding out about it.

But those thoughts slipped away when Chan peeked his head into my room. He was probably looking for Felix. I slowly lifted the blanket, careful not to wake up his sleeping brother. Chan nodded his head but I saw a flash of what looked like jealousy fly across his face. But it was gone in a heartbeat.

He shook his head and cleared his throat again as I gave him a confused look. He walked off without saying a word.

'The person you are trying to call is not accepting calls at the moment. Try again later.'

I slammed my phone down on the couch beside me and held my head in my hands. I jumped when a small towel covered the back of my head. I reached and wrapped my fingers around the damp fabric.

"Clean yourself up, we have to go back on stage." My leader commanded and I wiped the sweat from my face and neck.

"Why is she still not picking up?" I mumbled but Hongjoong turned and walked out of the green room.