Twenty-Five

Picking up my phone, I went to dial Seonghwa's number but I noticed that it had a small red 'X' next to the name. It was the first time that I saw that. I went into my contact setting and saw that his number was blocked.

Why was his number blocked? I didn't do that.

Thinking back, I was the only one who had my phone. Besides... My eyes widened as I remembered back to when Chan had borrowed my phone the day of the horrible blizzard. He couldn't have done that, he is not like that. Then it hit me, his reaction when I told him that Seonghwa did not ask me out, was a red flag.

His face, pure jealousy when the Ateez group chat was being blown up by the guys. Another red flag. Why have I been so blind? No, Chan is not like that, he can't be.

I unblocked Seonghwa's number, and I almost dropped my phone when my phone was blown up with his messages. It was too much that my phone resetted itself. My breath caught in my throat at the thought of Chan trying to sabotage everything I had worked for. But I forced that thought to the back of my mind because he did not seem like the type to sabotage anything.

My fingers grazed the screen as it lit back up and my attention was snatched away from my phone as a soft knock came from in front of me. Chan leaned against the door frame with one of his hoodies slung over his arm.

"I figured you needed this, since it is cold. But i see that you already have a sweater on." His eyes narrowed slightly and he scoffed. He mumbled in a low whisper and shook his head.

He quickly gained his composure in the split second it took or me to blink and he strolled inside. Squatting down to my level, he tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.

"There seems to be a stain on the sleeve. Why don't you take it off and I can wash it for you?" He suggested but my fingers instinctively reacted and I gripped the sweater as his fingers wrapped around the bottom hemming. My  stomach did flips and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"No its okay." I said softly, sirens went off in my head as I focused on taking in every detail of his face. Each crease around his eyes and the way the corners of his lips dipped as he frowned. The sparkle of jealously that darkened the color of his irises.

"Fine." He huffed and his face was blank as he forced a smile. Getting up I reached out subconsciously and gripped his sleeve.

He froze and looked down at me. As if every single one of my senses were telling me that this wold be the right choice. It hit me like a brick wall and it took my breath away. Ever since I arrived with Stray Kids, I was treated with nothing less that pure compassion. All of them treated me like an equal, none of them lashed out and doubted me. Bang Chan was the most compassionate.

Maybe the 'relationship' that Seonghwa and I had was like a stain on a shirt? Stuck tere until it was washed out. A constant reminder of the mess that was made until something better came along and washed it, cleaned and made it look brand new.

I nodded and took off the sweatshirt. I inhaled Seonghwa's scent and this time it made me sick to my stomach. Was this the right choice? Or am I going to regret washing that stain out of the sweater?

As I pulled Chan's sweater over my head, my phone vibrated. I followed Chan's gaze and saw that Seonghwa was calling. With a shaking hand, I swiped my finger and declined the call. I pushed the phone out of my view and Chan looked at me.

I looked back up at the guy who was kneeling in front of me with Seonghwa's sweatshirt in his hand and I gave him a small smile. He returned the gesture and held up the sweater.

"I'm going to get this washed." he insisted and just sat there for a few moments. His finger went under my chin and gently lifted it. That was the one difference, with Chan. He was gentle and caring.