Twenty-Two

Rain tapped on the windows outside and I slowly blinked my eyes opened. My cast was tucked underneath the blanket, and it seemed to be weighted down by something. A chill froze my body and all the color drained from my face as I felt someone move behind me. As my eyes scanned the room, I noticed I was in Chan's room.

Oh no, this is not good. I thought as I felt his arm wrap around my waist. His legs seemed to be tangled up with mine. My body was so tense that my ankle was throbbing. As I moved to get out of his hold, Chan seemed to move closer. His body was flush up against mine and I could feel his heart beat in my back.

As I tried to move my head to the side to look behind my shoulder, his lips brushed up against my cheek and I jumped. He jumped out of his skin, screaming and then there was a loud thud when he rolled off his side of the bed. The door flew open, and I regretted making any sudden movements.

"Chan are you-" Han stopped mid sentence as his mouth hung open.

"Han, close your mouth." Changbin shook his head and then he peeked around the young rapper. His mouth hung upen as well and Bang Chan spoke up before any of them had a chance to compose themselves.

"Don't you dare say two words or else I'm going to be releasing all of your old tracks that you have recorded." He threatened the two younger members and they ran off down the hall.

He sighed and climbed back onto the bed. He sat with his leg tucked underneath him and the other one dangling off the side. His ears were red as can be and his scratched the back f his neck furiously. I sat up and grabbed his hand to stop him from making it even redder.

"Hey it's okay." I said softly. I don't know who I was trying to convince, myself or him. He just sighed softly and his hand dropped from mine, landing in his lap.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said and I went to speak, but my phone started to ring.  I watched as he grabbed it from his charger and he threw it on the bed, in front of me. Without one last glance in my direction, he got up and walked out of the room.

My phone continued to ring as I watched Chan walk out of the room and the ringing stopped. My ears rang with the sudden silence and all I felt was guilt. I picked up my phone and saw that I had a missed call from Seonghwa and a bunch of messages from the Ateez group chat.

Sannie: We landed!

Jongho: Wish you were here!

Yunho: I stole Yunho's phone, mine died. Love you miss you! -Mingi

Hongjoong: The US is not the same without our main Atiny.

Seonghwa: I miss you, please take care of yourself.

Wooyoung: Hyung, don't start with the cute shit again. We had enough of an earful on the flight.

Yeosang: At least you weren't used as a cuddle pillow the whole flight. I wished I could have disintegrated.

Hongjoong: Knock it off all of you before you get my foot so far up your ass.

Yunho: Leave Mingi and I out of this, we rode first class. Screw you peasants.

San: That is because the flight attendant mixed up the tickets. Stop acting all high and mighty.

Yunho: Mingi is a princess, he is closer to royalty than he is ever going to get.

Hongjoong: I would not disagree there. Now lets' go. We have to check into the hotel at a certain time. Yeosnag if you and Jongho go to Starbucks don't forget my coffee!