Epilogue

I sighed and plopped down into a recliner. "You know you can't avoid everyone forever."Alexa said softly as she handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

It has been two weeks since the fall out between Seonghwa and Bang Chan. My feelings spiraled out of control and I was stuck at a crossroad. It was to choose one path or another. One that was filled with a bright sky and the other one that led into a tunnel, with no light insight.

That day, I saw Seonghwa break down for the first time since my arrival with the group almost a year back. He fell to his knees and begged for me to come back with them. I stood there speechless as his whole demeanor changed. The wall that he built to hide his true nature collapsed and his colors shined brightly.

My feelings swayed slightly, but the look in Chan's eyes when I walked out that door pulled me back to reality. I can't do that to Chan but I can't keep being towed along by the string of Seonghwa's rollercoaster of feelings either.

"You're doing it again." My best friend shoved my arm lightly to pull me out of my head again.

"Oh." I shook my head and discarded my untouched drink. It clanked as it rested on one of the wooden coaster on her designer coffee table. "I'm sorry." I looked up at her with a soft smile and she just rolled her eyes, taking one last sip of her drink.

"So what are you going to do? 'Cause it seems like you have both boys falling head over heels for you." She raised an eyebrow at me as she placed her cup on the coaster in front of her.

I leaned forward, my elbows on my knees and I hung my head in my hands. "I have no idea." I groaned loudly as the thoughts were getting loud again.

"Why don't we settle this the way people used to do it in the old days?" There was some rustling and then I jumpd slightly as she threw something on the table. I lifted my head to see a coin resting beside my cup.

"Alexa, how would this-"

"Don't you trust me anymore?" She scoffed and shook her head, picking up the coin, she took a hold of my hand and placed the coin in the middle of my palm.

I sat there staring at the coin, I wished it was simple as flipping a coin to decide my decision. "Okay, so heads you go back to Ateez and tails you transfer to JYP Entertaiment and be a co-manager for Stray Kids."

"I still don't know how this would work." I huffed, but she kept persisting.

I trusted her with all my heart ad I flipped the coin. I caught it and opened my other hand. It as heads. Flipping it again, it gave the same result. With shaky hands, I attempted to flip the coin again. This last flip would guide me in the right direction.

As I managed to flick the coin up in the air, she caught it before I could. Slapping it down on the top of her hand,Alexa slowly lifted it to reveal the answer. She looked up at me and I looked at her. She squealed loudly as my fate seemed to be sealed by one destined path. Everything clicked and I realized that void was being filled by the things I was desperately trying to seek out.

It was like living in fantasy land, where everything went my way. There was no disruption by the harsh reality and the hardships. At that moment it snapped into place and I didn't want to live my life like a fantasy. The hardships, surprise moments and thrilling experiences is what made life worth living.

"Go get your man." I jumped up and ran from her apartment. My feelings were now on a one way track as I sprinted down the street. All the memories came flooding back, but the bad ones were washing away by the amount of good; little moments that took place in between. Water splashed up as I ran through the puddle as the last remainder of the snow melted and spring was creeping around the corner.

I sprinted up the steps to the place that has always meant to be my home. As I threw the door opened, I slipped my feet out of my shoes and quickly changed into my slippers. The lock automatically locked as the door shut softly. There were eight boys sitting in the living room, all surrounded the oldest as he kept saying something as he held his hands in his head.

"I fucked up big time. There is no way she is coming back." He cried and without a thought in my head, I ran and kneeled in front of him.

"You might want to reconsider rephrasing that." He lifted his head and his eyes widened as he looked at me. His eyes darted around as if trying to make sure that I was actually in front of him.

"Addison!" He exclaimed and tackled me into a hug. "You came back!"

"Of course, how could I leave my boys when they are at the peak of their career?" I laughed as the others got in on the action. The oldest held the wight as the others piled on top of him.

We all laughed as the group pulled us into one big hug. I looked the oldest in his eyes and they shined brightly like a thousand, fresh stars. My heart sored with a sudden rush of feelings as they all started to fit back together like a big unfinished puzzle.

I hope this is the right choice. I thought as he cupped my face into his hands. This is so the right choice.

He leaned in and gently kissed my lips. The others quieted down as they caught drift of what was happening. I heard someone say something under their breath. I smiled against his lips and he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Addison."

"I love you too, my brat." The others laughed at my long lasting nickname for Seonghwa.

He pulled me into another kiss, but this time there was a small crack in the puzzle. A glimpse of the fantasy that I lived in for those weeks snaked their way back to the surface. But with each move he made, the crack filled little by little.

It was sealed shut when he pulled away and whispered 'I love you' against my lips. That day the wall that he built was gone and his colors kept shining brightly. I knew I made the right choice and I don't regret it.

Ateez, stray kids, Seonghwa, Bang Chan. They all saved me by giving me hope, love, thrills. And sitting with Ateez, in this moment, I saw my future shining brightly. I was finally home and in the arms of the person who was destined to keep me safe until the end of my days.