30

Sitting through breakfast was horrible. Taehyung had to run out of there. He doesn't know why his half siblings were glaring at him all through.

He doesn't care though, he never did.

He just came back from visiting his older friends at the old people's home. Finally telling them about Jungkook was refreshing. The screams and proud looks he got was satisfying.

Now Taehyung wants to take care of one more thing before his afternoon shifts starts.

He knocks on his friend's door, different thoughts on what could have made his friend avoids him just keeps popping up in his head

Did he really do something wrong?

"Oh Taehyung?"

"Good morning Uncle Soo-hyunshi" He greets with a bow

"Feels like I haven't seen you forever"

"You're the one that is always busy" he says with a smile before adding. "Is ji inside?"

The man laughs

"Well I have to work and yes he's in his room"

Taehyung nods with a bow heading to his friend's room

"Hi" Taehyung greets from the door awkwardly

"Come in" ji says pulling himself up to a sitting position avoiding his eyes which just confirms something happened

Taehyung walks inside and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry Taehyung"

"What?"

"You're my friend and definitely didn't deserve the way I reacted and me avoiding you just wasn't cool"

So he was avoiding him.

"Ji can you tell me what I did? I mean something must have led to you not wanting to see or talk to me"

He friend looks down still avoiding his eyes.

"Jungkook"

Taehyung freezed up

"What?"

"Remember that arranged date?"

Taehyung doesn't like where his thoughts are going. No Jungkook is not a player, no Jungkook isn't playing  around with omegas in this town

He slowly stood up ready to run if need be cause Taehyung is not ready to face the reality his head is making up right now.

But then-

Ji had said the blind date didn't go well. He looks back at his friend waiting for him to continue.

"It was Jungkook, the alpha I said wasn't interested in me? It was Jungkook."

Taehyung is evil, he shouldn't feel relief but he is. He shouldn't be happy his friend was rejected but right now Taehyung is the happiest.

He let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He's a terrible friend.

"I'm sorry for reacting that way Taehyung. His rejection really got to me and well I deluded myself to thinking I've found my alpha the moment I met him"

Taehyung holds back the growl scratching his throat

"I was just delusional" Ji says with a sad chuckle.

Taehyung slowly sits back on the bed moving a little closer to his friend.

"Ji"

"I'm sorry Tae" His friend breaks into a sob Taehyung immediately pulls him into a tight hug.