Aftershocks

After the last rouge wolf was dead, we rushed Faye to the crescent moon pack house. She was rushed to the hospital to be checked out. I was not allowed in the room, so I sent out a group of fifty to take out the rest of the rouges. I put Thomas as the leader of the group and entrusted him to do what needed to be done. When they left, I had nothing to do but sit and think. I tried to think of everything other than what was going on in the room across from me, but no matter how hard I tried my thoughts when back to Faye.

Deep in thought I didn't realize I was no longer alone until a hand clamped down on my shoulder. I jumped and turned ready to fight until I saw it was Tarragon standing over me, looking behind him I saw Zander also. Zander's face was flat and emotionless, but his eyes were filled with sadness. In that moment I realized I was not alone in my concern for Faye's health. She has so many people conserved about her and waiting to know she is okay.

"Have you heard any news?" Tarragon suddenly broke the deafening silence.

"No. There has been no answers or news. This is all my fault, I should have insisted she stay behind, where it was safe."

"It was her choice to make, and she choose to be there to help. You are not to blame."

"No, it's my fault. That wolf was coming for me, and she jumped in the way. If I had of noticed sooner and was able to draw my bow or cast some kind of spell, she wouldn't be in there fighting for her life." Zander spoke in a whisper.

Tarragon turned to Zander and spoke, "Zander it is not your fault either. She was protecting you she once again made that choice. You are not to blame either. It is also not her fault, the one to blame is the dead rouge that threated you, Zander. And all the other rouges that sent them to attack the pack. This is none of our faults. We did what we needed and promised we would do."

We all fell back into silence for a while. Waiting around to hear something became too much for me to sit still and I had to do something. I stood up from my seat and paced for what felt like forever before deciding to get some coffee. I had to do something with my hands before I started using them to hurt someone or damage the hospital. I asked if anyone else wanted coffee before walking away.

Making coffee for myself and Zander made me feel a little productive, but it also made me think of Faye and how we would always have coffee in the mornings together. Sighing I picked up the cups carefully and made my way back to the waiting room. Hours passed without any new information, and I couldn't take it anymore I left the hospital after telling Zander and Tarragon to come get me when they hear something. I wandered around the pack for a bit before going into the gym. I grabbed some boxing gloves after asking where they were and began to put my anger and hands to use.

I punched the bags until I exhausted myself. Punch after punch putting my body to the max relieved some of the stress and anxiety that had been building up. Just as I was about to start another round a messenger came into the gym and with him news of Faye. I hurried to remove the gloves that have become sticky with sweat and ran to the hospital. When I arrived some of my pack members and the Fairies were waiting along with Tarragon and Zander. When he saw me walking toward them Zander stood up and hugged me when I got closer.

"What is the news?"

"She is going to be okay. She had to have emergency surgery to stop some internal bleeding and stitch up her wounds, but she will be okay. They told us she might have to stay in the hospital for a few days, but we will be able to see her when she wakes up."

I breathe a sigh of relief and nod my head. "Did they say when she will wake up?"

"It could be anytime now."