New roads

I wake up in pain, on the ground. Where am I? Sitting up, looking around I see I'm at the edge of the woods. Trying to stand up, my head feels like it will explode. I kneel back down and wait for my vision to clear.

I can see buildings, houses and people going about there day oblivious of my presence. I am near a town? I guess Ryker is still trying to look out for me. That thought makes me think back to the events that led up to me waking up on the ground, at the edge of a strange town. The memories fly at me and my heart breaks all over again.

My own brother, how could he? Why? He didn't even give me a chance to say goodbye the pack or my own mother. That's when the first tears fall and my heart hurts too much to stop them. Sitting here, for who knows how long crying fat ugly tears, thinking about all I've lost makes me cry more.

I can feel the stumble on my face starting to grow back, my hair is a wild mess and I'm still in the clothes I was wearing. Wait, what day is it? How long have I been here? I take out my phone to see the screen cracked, but it still turns on. Waiting for it to boot up I wipe my face. My muscles are stiff from sitting in the same position, for what feels like hours. Slowly getting to my feet, I stretch out my arms and legs, which feels so good.

When my phone turns on it only has three percent battery. So no calling anyone. Shoving my phone back in my pocket I feel a piece of paper brush my fingers. Pulling the paper out I see "I'll figure this out" scribbled across the sticky note. This brings a small smile to my face and for the first time since I woke up, I feel hope.

After walking around the town I was dumped at, for about an hour I finally find a clothing store. Walking in to 'Closet Threads', the air conditioning feels amazing. I keep my head down not wanting to draw attention to myself. I find an aisle with the telltale yellow signs that marked clearance. Picking out a few pairs of clothes, some travel size hygiene products, and grabbing a phone charger I make my way to the register.

"Are you new to town?" The lady behind the counter asks me.

"Yes I just got in today, Ma'am."

"Please call me Faye, I'm too young to be called ma'am. Are you staying near by?" She laughed lightly.

"I'm not sure. Where is the best place to stay for an extended period of time, without breaking the bank?"

"There are a few places. If you want meals included you should try the Blue Roost." She said with a beautiful smile.

"That sounds perfect. Would you mind giving me directions?" I asked her.

"How about I take you there? I get off in ten minutes and it's on my way home, anyway."

"I would appreciate that very much!"

"Then it's a deal! Your total is twenty dollars."

"Great! I'll wait outside for you." I say handing her the money I owe.

"I didn't catch your name."

"It's Magnus!"

"Magnus, that's unique! I'll see you in a few then Magnus!"

"Sounds good!" I said grabbing my bags and walking out the door.

While waiting on Faye to come out I put on some much needed deodorant and spray a little squirt of cologne on. This way I don't smell like something died. I should have bought a book bag or small travel bag. Thinking this over in my head I decided to go back in the store. I quickly find a cheap bag to carry my belongings in and go back to the register. While at checkout I see Faye walking out the door, I yell to her, rushing to pay for my bag and run out the door. When I get outside Faye leaning against the wall waiting on me, laughing to herself.