[baby shower]: Max verstappen

Request!! I thought this was such a nice idea, Max and Kelly are so cute together <3

Growing up with the Verstappens was an...experience, it had its high and it had its lows but most importantly it created an unbreakable friendship between you with both Max and Victoria. Given your mother's were best friends they were practically family, you often stayed with them when your parents were away working in f1 and so naturally a strong bond was formed between you all. You and Max were destined to follow your parent's footsteps, also coming to work in formula one - Max as a driver and you within the redbull team. He was so happy to have basically his little sister working beside him on a day to day basis. When Max started dating Kelly at the end of 2020 it wasn't long before you met her, and an instant connection formed between you. Since that day you two were practically inseparable at the grand prixs always gossiping about life and joking with max together.

Because of all this, it wasn't a surprise when the two asked you to plan their baby shower a couple of months ago which all lead up to this day - where you were frantically dashing around the event space making sure everything was perfect for them. Last week you'd been lucky enough to collect the gender results from the doctors, lips sealed to not tell a soul. It had been hard keeping the secret from everyone but you knew the reaction on their faces would be unforgettable. You'd picked a roof top garden for the party, with a beautiful view of Monte Carlo bay and the gorgeous ocean beyond. "Is all the food ready?" You asked an unsuspecting caterer who nodded frantically, slightly bemused by you, the crazy woman running round with a clip board and checking on everyone. But you weren't entirely satisfied with his half-hearted response, "Are you sure because-"

"Y/n!" Just at that moment Victoria burst through the doors, arms wide awaiting for a hug, the caterer side in relief at the interjection. "Hey Vic" you kissed her cheeks and smiled warmly at your closest friend. "Y/n you've outdone yourself! This looks amazing they're going to love it" she looked in amazement at the venue, it truly was a work of art. "I just hope it's worthy enough for Kelly's instagram" you rubbed the back of your neck in a nervous matter but your comment just made Victoria chuckle, "of course it will be! Anyone would be over the moon with this" After a quick catch up you realised there was only an hour until guests started arriving which meant only half an hour before Kelly and Max themselves got there so you rushed off to get ready. You decided on a flowy summer dress with both pink and blue flowers on - fitting for the occasion, paired with some espadrilles you looked lovely and very summery.

As you emerged from the bathroom max engulfed you in a hug from behind making you gasp, "God max don't scare me like that!" He just laughed and complimented you and your work, saying it looked really nice. All of a sudden however he pulled you aside and whispered in your ear, "can you just tell me now y/n" "what?" You whispered back confused. "Tell me the gender you idiot" he rolled his eyes at how slow you were. "No Max!" You scoffed and slapped him on the arm before walking off to greet Kelly. "Oh come on y/n!" He called after you frustratedly, he was so excited to have a child but he was getting nervous over the gender reveal - he knew he'd love his baby infinitely either way but he was never a fan of surprises.

Soon enough guests started to arrive, and after allowing an hour of socialising you announced it was time for the reveal. The sounds of voices mingled with a scraping of chairs as all of Kelly and Max's close friends and family gathered around them in a circle, everyone armed with a confetti bomb. "And now for the main event!" You chimed, anticipation loomed in the air, Kelly's face shone with her priceless smile and Max's blue eyes sparkled in the monegasque sun. "3. 2. 1!" Everyone shouted before a loud bang rang out.

Beautiful cherry blossom showered the parents-to-be, a sea of carnation pink momentarily shielded everyone's vision whilst cheers encompassed the couple. "Oh my goodness!" Kelly gasped as Penelope ran up to them squealing about her younger sister, Max was speechless but his expression said it all. A ridiculously wide smile was spread across his face, happiness overwhelmed him in this moment, surrounded by all his favourite girls, Penelope, Kelly and now the one to be born in a few months time. He knelt down in front of his amazing girlfriend and placed a kiss to her stomach, whispering sweet nothings to his child inside of her. You managed to snap a photo of this beautiful moment, knowing it was a photo to be cherished forever - definitely Instagram worthy you chuckled to yourself.

The party continued later into the day, but guests started to make their departure, wishing the happy couple all the best in their journey and to the baby. Kelly and Victoria had taken a very tired Penelope back to their home but Max had very kindly stayed behind to help you clean up. You watched him momentarily as he silently collected empty champagne flutes, a pensive look about him. The back drop was magical, a glowing sunset painted the sky in a relived yet hopeful orange colour to calm the senses. "Hey" you offered max a smile, but he didn't return it. You'd known Max long enough to know something was up, "what's wrong?" You sighed.

"I'm scared y/n" he whispered, looking into your eyes. You realised all the feelings from a rather emotional day had hit him all at once, but you were glad it was with you and not at home with his family. "I don't want to fuck this up. Because-"

You cut him off, "Because you love Kelly and Penelope so much. Yes we can all see it everyday in the way you act Max."  You rolled your eyes making him chuckle but you continued, "You've always had two dreams in life, and you've already completed one! You can cross f1 world champion off the list, but now you should focus on the amazing addition to your already perfect family Max."

"But-"

"But what? You are going to be an incredible father to your daughter! You. Are. Not. Your. Dad." You annunciated every word perfectly just to make sure he got it. It had always been a big fear of his, but you reassuring him made it easier. "You should be happy on this day, now stop overthinking and go and celebrate with the marvellous woman you love and the family who will always love you unconditionally forever!" You shoved him with all your strength to the door so he would leave. "Okay okay!" He chuckled at how even though you were rather small, you were still pretty strong.

Just as he opened the door, Max turned around to face you with his striking blue eyes glistening from tears or the sunset - you couldn't tell. "Y/n?" He hummed, "yes Maxie" you replied with a warm smile, which he returned this time - amused by your use of his childhood name. "I love you" he mumbled causing you to run into his arms and hug him, "sorry what was that?" You teased, "I said I love you" Max rolled his eyes at your playful nature. "Aw not Max being all soppy" you poked fun at him. "No I mean it y/n. I couldn't of done this without you" he looked around at the venue, "literally" he laughed. "Of course Max, you've always been there for me as an older brother and you'll always be like a second home for me. I'm so glad you let me organise this special day for you and Kelly!"

He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and guided you towards the exit with him, "come on, we'll clean this up tomorrow. It's time for our family to celebrate all together" you heart went warm at his implication that you were family, although you always knew he had felt that way. "Love you" you whispered into his ear with a small smile.

———

A/n: okay but wasn't this adorable. I hope this becomes real one day, Max would be such a great father and Kelly with Penelope is the perfect family for him to heal in xx