🎄[christmas eve]: Lewis Hamilton

A/n: enemies to lovers trope 🙌

Tag list: avengersonly MARVELandTMI

Prompt: No.91 "I know we hate each other but it's Christmas Eve and your flight was cancelled so please come inside"

For: MARVELandTMI

Word count: 1892

You'd just come back from a run, having decided to try and stay on your fitness schedule even in the festive period, but stopped when you saw him

You'd just come back from a run, having decided to try and stay on your fitness schedule even in the festive period, but stopped when you saw him. Standing outside of the tall building, shivering slightly from the cold - was your teammate from Mercedes, specifically the one you despised. Clearly it was a mutual feeling because as you approached he scowled and shook his head.

"What are you doing here?" He asked abruptly, glancing up from his phone which appeared to be of the upmost importance in this moment.

"Well I could ask you the same thing!" You retorted, continuing before he could interrupt you, "What are you doing outside my apartment building?" Although anger had started bubbling inside of your head, you did feel a slight pang of pity for him freezing in the brutal weather of New York in December.

"You live in one of the most expensive apartment buildings in NYC?" He asked, dumbfounded that you could live here, glancing up at the skyscraper.

"Well let's not be modest Lewis we're both millionaires..." you cringed at his abbreviation of the city that you resided in.

"You live in Manhattan?!" He didn't even register your comment and stood there in disbelief, staring at you as if you were an alien. An alien in a sports bra and leggings that looked good on her, accentuating her curves and waist. Come on Lewis stop thinking like that, you guys hate each other, he shook his head at himself and looked up at you.

"Yes that's where we're standing. In Manhattan. In New York. In the USA." You over explained just to be patronising, taking pleasure in how his face contorted in annoyance. "So I repeat my question. What are you doing here?"

"As if you'd care." He rolled is eyes and turned away from you, picking up his duffel bag.

"Ugh just tell me. Maybe I could help?" As much as he wanted to leave you also wanted him off the front steps of your apartment building. "Fine." He rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to get back to England for Christmas-" "-but it's Christmas Eve!" You blurted out, completely interrupting him.

"Don't you think I know that! God, anyway as I was saying." your cheeks went pink at your childish behaviour, the lively and energetic demeanour you gave off often got on people's nerves. You never stopped, always active and determined - it was why you were so good at racing. He continued, "There's no taxis and no flights and I'm stuck basically and I know I left it late but I thought, we'll you know..."