Twelve

Oh god, my head hurts

Why does my head hurt so bad?

I slowly open one eye and glance around my sun-lit apartment.

How did I get home last night?

I feel someone stir in the bed next to me, startling me. Cass is curled up under my thick comforter, last night's mascara smeared under her eyes.

I lay there watching her sleeping face, trying to piece together what happened yesterday. The last thing I remember is Harry bumping into me on the dance floor.

What did I do after that? Did something happen with him?

I just don't understand him. I wonder what happened to him in the past that made him the way he his. He's so angry all the time; I've literally never seen him actually smile, just smirk in that way that I hate.

I really like all of the other guys, especially Niall; I just don't know if I can keep working with Harry. I'm constantly walking on eggshells around him, every single mistake I make leads to him snapping at me. I'm sure the drugs don't help his temper, either.

I'm confused as to why someone like Niall is friends with someone like him, and that makes me nervous. I'm usually pretty good at reading people, and Niall seems genuine, but it makes wonder if there is some dark part of him that's like Harry.

"Hey," Cass clears her raspy throat, snapping me out of my overthinking. "What time is it?"

I turn to my nightstand and grab my phone, seeing that it's dead. "I don't know," I shrug.

"How long have you been awake?" She asks, reaching over and pushing my hair off of my face.

"Not long."

She hums in response, yawning loudly. "Are you okay?"

I nod, chewing on my lip anxiously. "Cass, what the hell happened last night?"

"You don't remember?" She furrows her brows. I shake my head. "Y-you were drugged, babe."

My eyes go wide and I suddenly feel nauseous. My eyes drift back and forth between hers, trying to process the new information.

"W-what?" I murmur, my breath catching in my throat. She sighs deeply and places her hand softly on my cheek.

"It was some guy you were talking to at the bar," she explains. "Harry saw him do it and got him kicked out."

"Harry?" I repeat. "How did he see it? And why would he do anything about it?"

"I don't know," she sighs. "Niall said Harry was walking in your direction looking really angry, and he stopped him. He thought he was mad at you for some reason, but then he told him what he saw so they both confronted the guy."