Twenty-Nine

Chapter song:

King For A Day by Pierce The Veil, Kellin Quinn

-

My eyes slowly flutter open as the sound of birds chirping loudly outside gently wakes me up, one eye squinting shut as my vision adjusts to my surroundings

My eyes slowly flutter open as the sound of birds chirping loudly outside gently wakes me up, one eye squinting shut as my vision adjusts to my surroundings. I glance around the large bedroom, with bare, white walls, and all black furniture. There's a large T.V. sat on top of a dresser in front of the bed, but that's the only thing even close to decoration in the room.

The quiet sound of a deep breath behind me snaps me out of my grogginess, and I become fully aware of the presence next to me in the bed. Harry's arm is resting over my waist, holding me close to him as he spoons me. I can feel his soft breath hitting the back of my neck whenever he exhales, slightly tickling me each time. I move to adjust my body so I'm facing him, his arm never leaving my waist.

I study his sleeping face with a small smile on my lips; his cheek is squished against the fluffy pillow beneath his head, his heart-shaped lips in a subtle pout, and his brows are furrowed, leaving behind a small crease between them. His long hair has fallen onto his face, and I lift my hand to brush the strands away as I think back to last night.

I told him everything.

The thought causes an uneasy feeling to rise in my stomach; I still don't really trust Harry, and I don't know if I opened up because I was high, or because I was exhausted, but no matter the reason, a big part of me wishes I hadn't told him anything. The conversation itself is difficult enough to have with a normal person, let alone someone like him. Maybe it was just word vomit, like I've been holding it in for so long that it just needed to come out, I don't know.

I'm just going to blame it on the weed.

Cassandra is the only person in my life that knows that dark part of me, the part of me that I choose to keep hidden from others, and I've never really intended on telling anyone else; I especially never planned on telling Harry, of all people. I'm afraid of what will happen when he uses that piece of information against me because, eventually, I know that's what he'll do; that's just who he is. He's broken me down in every way imaginable, why should I think he wouldn't do it again?

I was completely speechless when he told me about his mom. I know nothing about Harry. I don't know what he does for fun, aside from drugs; I don't know his favorite color, probably black; and I only found out what his favorite band is last night. Yet, he told me about his family, and the parts of himself he chooses to show on a daily basis actually started to make sense. He's dark, his presence is heavy and, most of the time, very negative, and I can see why.

He's damaged, just like me.

The part of last night that shocked me the most, though, was that he took care of me. I cried into his shirt, soaking it with my tears, and he wasn't angry. He didn't yell, he didn't berate me; he helped me undress, in a non-sexual way I might add, he washed my hair for me, and he held me. He held me while I cried, and he held me while we slept.