Fifteen

Chapter song:

FEEL NOTHING by The Plot In You

-

"You can do this," I whisper the same little pep talk I've been giving myself for the last thirty minutes

I've been standing to the side of the building for almost half that time, just trying to build my confidence up enough to walk through the front door. I know I'm already late, but that's the least of my worries right now.

I'm seeing Harry for the first time since I witnessed his drug deal in the alley. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I'm scared shitless. I don't think he'd do anything to me with anyone around, and I'm sure he has no idea that I even saw him, but what if?

I take one final deep breath and nod my head before adjusting my hair and walking into the shop. The familiar bell dings as I step through the entry, and I'm met with Lucas and Louis standing by the front desk. Large smiles break out across their faces when they see me.

"Katie!" Louis shouts, his arms outstretched towards me. "I'm so happy to see you!"

I blush as he pulls me in for a hug, the smell of his cologne filling my nose. "Hi guys," I chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" Louis asks as they both follow me to the back room.

"I'm fine," I explain. "I had a pretty bad headache on Monday but that's about it."

"I'm sure you did, Niall said you were completely out of it by the time he and Cass got to yours," Lucas laughs.

I see Harry sitting by himself at the long counter in the back, he doesn't even bother to look up at me when I walk in. He's wearing the same black hoodie I saw him in yesterday, with tight black jeans and a pair of dirty white Converse. I feel my palms begin to sweat.

"Yeah, um, that's what she said," I clear my throat as I hang up my denim jacket and brown leather backpack on one of the hooks by the back door.

"Do you remember what happened?" Louis asks hesitantly.

Harry lifts up his head briefly to glance at the three of us with a grimace before looking back down at his drawing.

My anxiety levels rise when I see his face. The bags that were under his eyes on Monday have gotten darker, and his eyes themselves are even more bloodshot, if that's even possible. He looks like he hasn't slept at all since I saw him.

"Not at all," I shake my head, chewing on the inside of my cheek nervously.

I noticed I've been doing that quite a lot this week, the skin is broken and irritated. I know it's from everything that's happened with Harry in the last seven days.

"Really? Nothing?" He wonders with a shocked expression on his face.

I shake my head again and look down at my feet. "I only know what happened from what Cass and Harry told me," I swallow.