Thirty

I slowly pull up in front of Katie's building, and put my car in park before I turn my body to face her

I slowly pull up in front of Katie's building, and put my car in park before I turn my body to face her. She looks at me with a tired smile playing on her lips; I can tell she's absolutely exhausted.

"I'll wash your shirt and bring it to work tomorrow," I tell her, running my fingers mindlessly over the gearshift as I keep my eyes on her.

"Thank you," she whispers. "For everything, I mean. I really needed today."

A soft chuckle escapes my nose as I nod my head. "I know. I had fun."

"Me too," she giggles. I watch her unbuckle her seatbelt, and grab her handbag before she reaches for the door handle. "Goodnight, Harry."

I open my mouth to speak, fully intending on saying goodnight and leaving it at that, before my stomach begins to turn at the thought of her leaving. Before I can even process what I'm doing, I move to place my hand softly on her arm.

"Wait," I choke out, my breath getting caught in my throat.

She turns to me, a look of confusion on her face as my eyes flick back and forth between hers. I feel my heart begin to race, beating so loudly it's the only thing I can hear. I reach my hand up to grip her cheek before I pull her face towards mine, and press my lips roughly against hers.

I can feel her freeze for a moment, clearly not expecting the sudden action, then slowly begin to mirror my movements. Her lips are soft and sweet, like they always are, and I hungrily slip my tongue past them to tangle with hers. Her intoxicating scent fills my nose as our lips dance together, creating a perfect rhythm.

It feels as if the whole world stops around us as our movements begin to slow, and she pulls away from me, staring at me with wide eyes and flushed cheeks. My lips part as I attempt to catch my breath, my mind feeling fuzzy from the adrenaline coursing through my veins. The only thing I can think about is how I want more; more of her lips, more of her touch, more of her.

After a few moments of heavy silence, Katie finally speaks up. "D- Do you want to come inside?"

"Yes," I blurt out before I can consciously process her question. I feel my cheeks begin to heat up when she giggles softly at my eagerness.

Jesus Christ, get it together.

I turn the car off, and we both step out into the chilly night air. When I come around to her side, she grabs my hand and begins pulling me towards her building, and I chuckle when I almost trip over my feet to keep up with her. I swallow hard when she turns her head to look at me with a sultry expression.

Neither of us say anything as we speed walk to her flat, the energy between us feeling electric. I feel as if my heart could burst out of my chest in anticipation of everything I want to do with her, everywhere I want to touch her, everywhere I want to kiss her. I can already feel my pants growing tighter just thinking about it.