Thirty-Two

Chapter song:

in the dark by Bring Me the Horizon

-

I sit on my couch, tapping my foot on the floor anxiously as I wait for Cass

I sit on my couch, tapping my foot on the floor anxiously as I wait for Cass. The heavy combat boots make quiet 'thud' sounds with each movement of my leg. I flip my phone in my hand over to check the time again, seeing that it's nearly three o'clock, which is the time Louis asked us to be at his house for dinner.

I sigh heavily in annoyance, and slip my fingers through the holes in my fishnet tights, tugging at the thin strips of fabric and letting them snap softly against my skin as I let go. Cass generally isn't late, but my guess is that she's just as nervous as I am.

Her and Niall have finally made things official, and this will be their first outing with everyone as an actual couple. I'm happy for her, but I'm also feeling somewhat hesitant, seeing as though Niall was more focused on sleeping around last time than being in a relationship. I'm just hoping he's grown up a bit.

As for me, I'm anxious to see Harry. He hasn't talked to me much the last few days, and it's felt very strange. I thought things were finally good between us. I'm not sure what's going on with him, but even at work he's been more reserved than usual, if that's even possible. I'm trying not to let it hurt my feelings, but I can't deny that being ignored kind of stings.

Especially by him.

My phone suddenly buzzes in my hand, and I look to see that Cass has texted me.

Here !

I quickly like her message before I push myself up from the couch, and walk to the bathroom to check my appearance once more.

I chose a long-sleeved, short black dress, and decided to curl my hair into messy waves. I wasn't really sure what the dress code was for tonight, so I wanted to look nice, but not too dressed up. I add a little bit more of my matte, red lipstick to my lips, and rub them together to ensure it's all blended before making my way to the front door to grab my small black clutch.

When I step out of my apartment, I lock the door behind me and head out to meet Cass, who's parked right in front of my building.

"Look at you!" Cass whistles when I climb into her car, making me roll my eyes. "You look so hot."

"Thank you," I blush, eyeing the red slip-dress she has on. "So do you, even though you are kind of crazy for wearing that little clothing."

It's a little too cold for spaghetti straps in my opinion, but Cass has always said that beauty is pain.

She throws her head back with a laugh before pulling away from the curb and making her way down the road. "How have you been?" She asks me.

I glance her way briefly before looking back out the window. Guilt bubbles up in my stomach, and I chew nervously on my bottom lip.