Forty

TW: mention of needles, and blood

-

Chapter song:

THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND by Bad Omens

-

I stare down at the iPad in front of me, attempting to study the guys' schedules while I wait for Harry

I stare down at the iPad in front of me, attempting to study the guys' schedules while I wait for Harry. The shop closed nearly an hour ago, but Harry told me he needed to finish up some drawings before we could go home. I'm trying to be productive, but every time I try to do anything, my mind drifts elsewhere.

I close my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose as I sigh heavily.

My brain has basically been mush the last couple of weeks, ever since Harry suggested Charles had been drugging Morgan. I haven't seen her since that night, the last two times I've gone to a club I've been able to avoid interacting with Charles afterwards, but she has been consuming my thoughts since then.

Her and Catarina.

I've been trying to find a way to contact Catarina. I looked her up on social media, though she seems to have no internet presence whatsoever. I even went to The Red Room by myself one night to see if she was there, but I had no such luck. Harry wasn't too happy when he found out I'd gone without him, either.

This guilt, though, is enough to make me go insane.

Harry and I can't be certain that any of those girls are being drugged, or held against their will, but the strange expression on Morgan's face haunts me. Drugs or not, something was definitely off that night.

I feel someone standing behind me as I sit at the front desk, and before I can turn around, two arms wrap around my waist, causing me to jump. The familiar scent of smoky musk floods my senses, and my thoughts are instantly muted when I feel the warmth of Harry's chest pressed against my back.

"Hi," I giggle, leaning my head back against his shoulder to look up at him.

His eyes meet mine, and that smile that I love grows across his face, his perfect dimples making an appearance. He leans down, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. "Hi," he whispers, pulling away to lean on the desk next to me. "What are you doing?"

"Just trying to get an idea of what the rest of this week's schedule looks like," I sigh, resting my chin in my palm as I glance back down at the iPad. "I'm having a hard time focusing."

Harry pulls his lips to the side, his eyes scanning my face before he leans over to click off the screen. My brows furrow as I look up at him in confusion.