Twenty-Five

TW: self harm discussion

Harry is such a fucking asshole

Every time I think he can be a semi-decent human being, he proves me wrong. Yet, of course, I fell for it again.

It wasn't even him saying that all we did was "fuck" that upset me, I already knew that to be true and I agree, it was the way he said it. It was with such disdain for me, it made me feel awful.

I sigh heavily as I lay down on my couch after I get home from work, staring up at the ceiling.

I caught him looking at me a few times today, and every time I did, he would quickly look away and pretend nothing happened. He even thanked me every time I told him when his clients arrived. It was weird, even for him.

I wanted to ask him what his deal was, but I didn't have the energy for another argument today. It's not worth it anymore.

I have to accept that I'm in this fucked up mess with him now, because that isn't changing anytime soon. It doesn't mean I have to keep trying to be cordial with him; we definitely won't be having anymore sleepovers any time soon. At this point, I don't care how he feels about me anymore.

I'm fine with him hating me.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear the buzzer next to my door go off, and I feel my stomach drop.

Who the fuck is that?

Maybe I'm just paranoid after last night's events, but the idea of someone randomly showing up at my apartment at 10 o'clock at night makes me very nervous.

Just ignore it.

I stand up and make my way to the fridge to grab my emergency bottle of rosé, and as I put my hand on the stainless steel handle, the buzzer goes off again. I roll my eyes and groan loudly before building up the courage to answer.

"Who is it?" I ask, as confidently as I can, after pressing the button.

"It's me, bitch, who do you think?" Cass' annoyed voice filters through the speaker, my brows furrowing.

I hesitate for a moment, my finger hovering over the button, and then decide to buzz her in without saying anything.

Why is she here right now? I figured she would be at work, seeing as though it's Saturday night. Randy rarely gives his employees Saturdays off, unless they've requested it, and even then...

I hear a soft knock on my door after a minute, and I clear my throat before opening it to see Cass standing in the hallway with a warm smile on her face. She's wearing her dark green work shirt, and a pair of stained blue jeans; it looks like she came straight from her shift.

"Hi," she chuckles, pulling me in for a big hug. I hug her back tightly, feeling the comfort wash over me.

God, I didn't realize how much I needed that.