Eighteen

"Ohhh what about this?" Cass gasps

I turn away from the rack of costumes in front of me to see her holding up a black, spandex jumpsuit with a giddy smile on her face. Louis is throwing a Halloween party tonight, and we still haven't figured out what we're wearing.

"What is it?" I furrow my brows.

"It's Catwoman," she rolls her eyes, lifting up a matching black mask with ears on the top.

"That would look great on you," I nod, going back to sorting through the clothes.

"Not for me," she laughs. "For you!"

"Oh no, I'm not wearing that," I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Why not?" She pouts, sticking out her bottom lip.

"That's not really my style."

"It could be," she states, shoving the costume in my direction. "Try it on!"

"Cass, I don't really-"

"You're trying it on," she orders, pushing me towards the fitting room.

After I begrudgingly pull the tight fabric over my body, I examine myself in the mirror. It actually fits me pretty well. It hugs each one of my curves perfectly, and even compliments the parts of me that I don't like as much.

I look hot.

I smirk at my reflection and take a deep breath before stepping out of the small room to show Cass.

"What do you think?" I ask nervously.

She looks up from her phone when she hears my voice. "Oh my god!" She squeals, clapping her hands together. "You're buying that!"

"You don't think it's too much?" I hold out my arms and glance down at the shiny material.

"Hell no!" She shakes her head quickly. "You look incredible!"

• • •

"Are you excited?" Cass asks excitedly, nudging me lightly with her elbow. I glance at her and force a small smile.

"Yeah," I nod, looking out the window of the Uber as we pull up to a small house filled with people. I can see bright colored lights flashing through the windows. "Kind of nervous."

"Why?" She questions as we step out of the car. I thank the driver and watch as Cass walks around the black hatchback.

She decided to go with "sexy nurse" for her costume. She's wearing a tight, red miniskirt and a white button-up top that's open just enough to expose the top of her black, lace bra. She has on a white hat with a little red cross on the front of it, and tall, black heels.

"I don't know," I lie.

The truth is, I'm worried about seeing Harry. We've hardly spoken since everything happened at the warehouse, which is fine with me, but having to see him outside of work makes my stomach turn. I can't tell Cass how I'm feeling, because I'm afraid that if I do, I might slip up and say something about what happened.