1: Pre-Apocalypse

Hey everyone and welcome to the SECOND book of Daryl's Precious Gem. Thank you again for all the support! Without further ado, here is Iridescent.

Enjoy!
-SidneyV xx
____________________________________
Pre-Apocalypse

"Good morning, darlin'." Negan kissed my forehead as I slowly woke from my sleep.

"Good morning babe." I smiled at him as he dressed for the day. "How was your sleep?"

"Slept like a log." He grinned, sitting on the bed as he pulled on his socks.

"Would you like me to make you some breakfast before you head out?"

"I'd love that." Negan leaned over to me as he kissed me.

I smiled as I crawled out of bed and slipped on a pair of shorts. I wore one of Negan's white t-shirts which was practically a dress on me. Sauntering down the stairs I made my way into the kitchen and started cooking up french toast and sausages.

"Mmm mmm, could stand here and watch you do that all day." Negan chuckled as he leaned against the kitchen doorframe.

"You're welcome to stare all you want." I winked.

Negan licked his lips as his eyes wandered up and down my body, "I might just have to take you up on that offer."

I squealed in surprise as Negan lifted me onto the marble countertop and stood between my legs. Our lips connected and moved into a slow and rhythmic motion as his grip tightened on my waist.

"Mmm, a man could get used to this." He smirked as he planted one more kiss on my lips.

I blushed as he slid a strand of hair behind my ear, "Are you looking forward to work today? I know that one kid was giving you a hard time the other day."

Negan brushed it off, "New day, new mindsets. I'm sure it'll be better."

"Don't let them push you around." I kissed his cheek before sliding off the counter and quickly serving him his breakfast.

"They're kids. I'll do what I do best." Negan said between mouthfuls.

"And what's that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Kick their sorry asses at dodgeball." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "A game of dodgeball is always a good way to release pent up anger."

"Exactly." Negan gulped down coffee before he checked the time on his watch and stood up. "I better head out."

"Have a good day." I smiled at him as he slid on his shoes.

"What do you have planned for today?" He asked, gathering his items.

"I'm going to visit mom and start applying for jobs. Might drop by at Dads and check on him." I leaned against the staircase railing.

"Tell her I said hi." Negan kissed my cheek.

"What about my dad?"

"Your dad hates me, Ruby."

"How do you know that?"

Negan paused for a moment before sliding on his jacket, "Call it a mans intuition."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll tell them both that you said hi, okay?"

"Thank you. Have a good day!" He kissed my cheek before heading out.

"I will. Drive safe!" I waved him goodbye.

My smile widened as I took in Negan's house. It was a small sixteen-hundred square foot bungalow which resided a few blocks away from where I had grown up in my parents twenty-four-hundred square foot house. But it was perfect to me. I wandered up the steps into his bedroom and changed into clean clothes I had packed in my overnight bag.