4: Questions and Answers

"Tell me what you know." Dwight whispered as we stood in the rear of the tattoo studio. Brad took a break from tattooing Dwight so we quickly chatted discreetly.

"Paula told me about the mutiny and how my father was betrayed. She also explained that you were very close to my father. Almost like a son!"

"Did she tell you who betrayed him?"

I shook my head, "I didn't know who until we attacked the fire and ambulance base. I figured out Jack was the betrayer and had set up the whole scheme but by then it was too late."

"What happened to Jack?" Dwight asked curiously.

"I shot him because he almost killed my friend." I sighed. "What I don't know is how my dad died, when it happened and who did it."

Dwight glanced around cautiously before whispering, "I don't know how or when. I only know who killed him."

"Who was it?"

"It's between Negan and Simon."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"The last I saw Trevor he was being escorted by Simon and Negan into the lower levels."

"You swear that's all you know?"

Dwight nodded, "That's all I know."

I bit my lip as I feared the answer, "What about Daryl?"

Dwight rubbed his jaw and glanced around again, "He's alright."

"Is he here?"

Dwight sighed in frustration, "I've already told you too much!"

"Please Dwight! I'll do anything to ensure Daryl is safe. I don't care if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself!" I pleaded.

Dwight rested his hands on his hips as he paced, "You have to earn my trust! And if you want to do that then I have a proposition for you."

"Let's hear it."

"I will deliver messages to Daryl from you if you do the same for me but deliver them to Honey."

Excitement raced through me. I could finally hear from Daryl! I nodded eagerly in agreement, "Yes, yes! A thousand times yes!"

"Shh! Keep it down." Dwight narrowed his eyes. "Starting tomorrow we exchange letters, okay?"

"Okay." I smiled. Brad then returned and finished up Dwights tattoo. I sat in the corner and did my best to contain my excitement. Even though I couldn't see Daryl at least I was able to communicate with him some how. Yes, I was heavily relying on Dwight to keep his word but knowing that he had just as much to lose as I did, it made me feel better.

"Still loving your tattoo?" Brad asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes!" I grinned, eyeing my tattoo. Today I wore a black tank top and black jeans with my hair up in a ponytail to show off my tattoo. It definitely gave me a confidence boost.