9: Bleeding Hearts

"Please Negan, stop!" I pleaded as he drug me down the stairs towards the furnace room. Despite my efforts to fight and pull away from him he had a death grip on my arm.

Negan pushed me against the wall and held me by my throat, "Or what? What are you going to do?"

My body trembled as I was lost for words. How did he even find the note? Who told him? My mind wandered to Dwight. Did he rat me out?

Negan yanked me into the furnace room and held me tightly before another door opened revealing Simon, Dwight and Daryl.

"No." I whispered. This wasn't supposed to happen!

Daryl's blue orbs glanced at me for a second before they were glued to the floor. He looked like hell. Large black circles surrounded his eyes as his dirty and matted hair covered most of his face.

"Well, well. If it ain't the two lovebirds!" Negan chuckled as he released me. "Finally reunited."

"Let him go! He had nothing to do with this." I begged.

"Your god damn love for this man caused all of this!" Negan stood next to Daryl.

"Exactly, now dole the punishment out on me. Not him!"

"Where would the fun in that be?" Negan chuckled as he pulled out the note from his pocket.

"Please don't!" I bit my lip as he opened the letter.

Negan read the letter out loud, "Daryl,

it seems like it's been forever since we last talked. I miss you. So much has happened in the past two weeks. I'm not sure where to begin. At Alexandria I found out that Maggie is dead and right after that I found Denise dead. I lost it. I lost myself. Then seeing you in your state it broke me even more. I snapped and lost control. I don't know who I'm becoming and it scares me Daryl. To top it off I found out that I was not sterilized. Negan told me that I do have an IUD. I know you may not care but I just thought I'd let you know. I love you, Daryl. And I'm deeply sorry about not telling you about Negan. Sasha was right. I was a coward. But I will make this right. I promise.

Ruby."

"I think that was touching! Don't you?" Negan laughed as he turned to Simon and Dwight. Both men laughed at me while Daryl remained silent.

"Now what?" I blinked rapidly trying to fight off the tears.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson about doing shit behind my back." Negan grabbed Lucille from Simon.

My eyes widened in fear, "I'll do anything! I'll even take his place."

"Must I remind you that you already traded your life for Daryl's? That means you're mine!" Negan stood in front of me with a menacing glare.

"I don't belong to anyone! Especially not you!" I seethed.

Negan roughly cupped my chin and forced me to stare at him which caused me to whimper. "I thought you might say that. So, Daryl here has something he'd like to say."