7: Return to Alexandria

Time slowed as we approached Alexandria's gates. My chest tightened as I grew anxious of seeing my group again. A week felt almost too soon to see them. Especially after what I had done. I prayed they'd allow bygones to be bygones.

The brakes squealed as the truck came to a halt. Negan was first to hop out before he offered me his hand. I reluctantly took it and hopped down to the paved road. It felt wrong being back at Alexandria. Guilt weighed heavily on my shoulders as I was escorted by Joey.

"How are you? You know, being back here?" Joey whispered.

"Must I answer that?" I exhaled slowly. Joey smiled lightly. At least he seemed to understand.

Negan whistled, twirling Lucille in his hands as he approached the gate. When he stood a mere foot away he began tapping Lucille against the metal fence "Dun dun dun dah."

The group of Saviors and I paused as we waited. Negan continued, "Little pig, little pig! Let me in!" He chuckled.

"What do you want?" Barnes answered at the gate. From where I stood I could just see them through spaces in the crowd.

Negan swung Lucille over his shoulder, "Where be that prick of a leader of yours?"

"I'm right here." Rick spoke. My heart stung as I took in Rick's rugged appearance. He had been through hell.

"Well, hello there Ricky! How about you let me in?"

Rick nodded before Barnes opened the gate allowing Negan and the Saviors access to Alexandria. Like ants the Saviors spread into Alexandria and covered the streets. Simon and Joey blocked the view of me as Rick, Carl, Michonne and the others greeted Negan.

"Wow! You have all done quite a lot with this place! It's changed since the last I was here." Negan laughed.

"We have your supplies ready." Ricks gravelly voice spoke.

"I'm relieved to hear that. But first can I have a tour of this fine town?"

Carl spoke up, "That wasn't apart of the deal. You said half of our things!"

"Well excuse the shit out of my goddamn french but who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Carl." He said lowly. From where I stood I could see he still had the bandage covering his wounded eye. Carl wore his fathers old sheriffs hat, a white and blue flannel with a white t-shirt underneath and blue jeans.

"This your kid, Rick?"

"Yes." Rick protectively took a step in front of Carl. My heart raced as I worried for their safety.

"Well, Carl let me enlighten you. This place happens to still be here because I allowed it! So, I'd say a thank you is what you all owe me." Negan took a step closer to Carl.

Carl and Negan had a stare off before Carl caved, "Thank you."

"You are welcome! Now, who will give me a tour of this fine town?" Negan walked by the group. Not one of my group members stood forward or spoke a word. They all just glared at Negan with raw hatred.