11: Daryl-Part 1

Third POV:

"In you go." Dwight muttered as he pushed Daryl into the cell. Daryl groaned as his body hit the cement wall. He still had the gag over his mouth and his hands bound behind his back. The cell wasn't much of a cell. No bars, no cot, and no windows. It was more of a broom closet with a tiny window on the big green door.

"Try to get some rest. God knows you'll need it." Dwight winked before closing the door and locking it. Daryl managed to wriggle the gag out of his mouth and did his best to slide his hands out of the rope but all it did was rub his wrists raw.

So much had happened in the past few hours. It was almost too much for Daryl to process. Watching Abraham be massacred was enough to make any man shed tears. And on top of it watching Glenn die due to Daryl's actions made his stomach knot with guilt. A few feelings swirled inside of Daryl: anger, guilt and hurt.

"Look at me, Negan! Look at me!" Ruby caressed Negan's face with her hand and forced his gaze off of Daryl. "My life for his!"

Daryl had been confused by Ruby's actions and even more so when Negan's gaze softened when his eyes were on her. Daryl wasn't the smartest man but he knew that look anywhere. It was the same gaze he would give Ruby.

Was Negan her ex? No, he couldn't be! Ruby would have said something, right? Daryl wondered. It was until the words left Ruby's mouth that Daryl refused to believe that Ruby would hide such a huge secret.

"Will you tell them or shall I?" Negan caressed Ruby's face.

Ruby's head lowered as she faced the group. She glanced at each and every one of her Alexandria groups members as they stared back at her with confused expressions.

Ruby's voice wobbled as she spoke, "When I first joined your group I was in search of two men. As you all know my father was Trevor."

Her gaze slowly turned to Daryl who eyed her curiously. Ruby gulped and averted her eyes, "But what I did not tell anyone is that Negan was the other man I was searching for."

Why did Ruby hide information about Negan? That question remained the same for the oncoming week as Daryl was tortured by Dwight, Simon, Joey and a smattering of other saviors. Simon even made Daryl change into beige sweat pants and a shirt that had a bright red A spray painted on it. For the past few days they went as far as playing music outside his cell because Daryl refused to work for them.

"Knock knock

"Knock knock." Dwight said before opening the door. Daryl rested his arms on his knees as Dwight stepped inside.

"What is it gonna be today?" Dwight leaned in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. He silently hoped that Daryl would finally come to his senses and play by Negan's rules.

Daryl licked his lips as he debated on what to do. He knew that staying in the cell wouldn't get him out of the hell hole he was stuck in but he refused to be one of Negan's slaves.