Chapter 1: Wish for Hope

The evening approached Seven Brothers high, an all-boys school, as all the students were gathered in the auditorium by the various teachers and principal. It was that time of the year when they held the annual Seven Siblings Meet, where the new students of Brothers and Sisters would tour the other school, guided by teachers and a 2nd or 3rd-year student of their choice.

When it came time to pick the student who would lead the guide, it wasn't a question. Murmurs spread through the sea of students as one name kept popping up and up again.

Sakura: "Why do we even bother holding this meeting? We all know who's going to get picked, huh?" Sakura jabbed the student next to him, who laughed.

Kibou: "Who knows, Sakura-san? It might not be me this year." Kibou smiled at his friend, who laughed at the prospect.

Sakura: "Do you honestly believe that, Kibou? You're the single most popular student at Brothers AND Sisters. You're an honors student with the single highest grades in the history of both schools; you're good-looking; you've been named the king of Seven Siblings; rumor has it that both students and teachers are attracted to you. Is it seriously a question."

Kibou: "You're exaggerating, Sakura-san. I'm nothing special, truly."

Sakura: "Good Lord, I've never wanted to smack you so hard before." Sakura sighed and turned back to the principal as he announced the student guide, and no surprise to him, it was Kibou Kitai.

Sakura: "Good luck, and stay alive out there, Kibou. I'll be at the rooftops during lunch with some food."

Kibou: "Thanks, Sakura-san. I'll try not to be late." Kibou bowed and made his way up to the stage, where he thanked everyone for voting for him as the guide for their sisters.

Everyone applauded him, and the time came for everyone besides the requested people, including the 1st years, Kibou, and a handful of teachers, to return to class. The group was led outside to meet with their sisters across the street. They traded groups of 1st years and one teacher from each side to chaperone.

Kibou: "Good evening, kouhais, good evening, Rose-Sensei. It's an honor to guide you throughout this school of mine." Kibou smiled and bowed, causing the students to gossip about their guide and how he had lived up to his rumors.

Rose: "It's a pleasure to see you again, Kibou." Rose smiled and joined Kibou at the front of the group.

Kibou asked if everyone was ready to get started, and the general consensus was a resounding 'yes'. The next hour or so was silence from the students as they let Kibou do all the talking, explaining the layout, the relationship between Seven Brothers and Seven Sisters, and generally what they'd expect to see through their day to day.

Seven Sisters Student: "Mister Kitai?"

Kibou: "Hm? Do you have a question?"

Seven Sisters Student: "Is it true? The rumor about a monster being in the area?"

For the third time that day a wave of whispers washed over a crowd, many saying that they had heard the same thing.

Kibou: "Not to my knowledge, no... However, I will recommend that you head home in groups. You never know what kind of dangers are out there, and I'd hate to find any of you bright girls on the news."

The girls all paused, teacher included, as a bell tolled in the distance. Kibou said it was time for lunch to take place, and that he'd come to get them at the cafeteria 45 minutes from now. he took his leave, walking up the stairs closest until he made his way to the door that led to the roof. Normally it would be locked, but this time it was left open a crack.