Chapter 34: Hope vs Despair

Present Trish: "It's just hard to believe that this could all come to an end today." She spoke to her future self. The two had remained in the classroom while everyone left to do their own thing.

Future Trish: "Yeah, I just hope we don't screw it up. This is the single most important fight of our life, after all..."

Present Trish: "Say... We should change one of our names! That way, if we live this, Connor doesn't have to call us both Trish."

Future Trish: "Y'know? I wouldn't be opposed to that... It does get confusing at times, so why not?"

Present Trish: "The only question is who should change their name? Should it be me or you?"

Future Trish: "That's a no-brainer. It should be me... My timeline is all but gone at this point, and I have no hopes for returning. You're the Trish of this timeline."

Present Trish: "That's a good point... but what should you change your name to? It can't be something like Nora, even though I love that name. It's far too different than Trish..."

Future Trish: "How about... Tricia? It's kinda like Trish, but it has enough of a difference."

Trish: "Tricia? I like it... Trish and Tricia... I always wanted a sister, and now? We definitely have to get lunch when this is all over."

(Yuya and Ana)

Ana: "When I became the Newspaper girl of Seven Sisters, I never would've expected all this mess to happen. If we live to see tomorrow, then I'm writing an article about all you guys."

Yuya: "As long as you keep my name out of it, then I don't mind..."

Ana: "Ugh, you're so stand-offish. A complete 180 to Kibou or that future Trish... It's kinda refreshing, though. Like, you're a good guy, but also like a super serious good guy, like Batman."

Yuya: "That's because of the way I had to grow up... My life back then was a complete nightmare, and the reason I'm here now is because I don't want all of you to go through the same thing I did."

Ana: "I figured as much... maybe I should move beyond writing news articles? How do you feel about books surrounding around you three? I could write your biographies?"

Yuya: "Stick to news articles. Those at least die out in time, and they also die faster than books do."

Ana: "Rude... What do you have against people knowing your story?"

Yuya: "My story isn't for anyone to know. Only the people closest to me have that privilege."

Ana: "Oh... I won't ask anymore, then. It's clear that you don't wish to share it, anyway."

Ana: "Maybe, someday though, you can share that story with me...? Not for a news article, not for a book, but just me?"

Yuya: "...It's a promise."

(Kibou and Sakura)

Sakura: "So..."

Kibou: "So..."

The two sat at a lone table pushed off to the side to make room for some more tables. A pizza sat in front of them that Aibo was eating.

Sakura: "I don't understand how you could fight those Zodiacs. I'm absolutely certain that some of my bones are still broken."

Kibou: "I'm not too sure myself. It's just something I got used, I guess." Kibou looked off to the side, a red hue appearing over his cheeks as he felt embarrassed. He was so used to hiding his identity.

Sakura: "Hmm... You've changed, Kibou. You don't seem like the same Kibou I knew back at the beginning of the year."

Kibou: "Is that a... bad thing?"