Chapter 31: The Fall of Aquos

It had been a day since Chrono's fight with Dragnis, a fight that turned the sky the blood-red that Paradox remembered. Those strange grey Zodiacs had swarmed the city, like she remembered, only now there were three Riders to manage them.

It's only because of the Riders that they managed to relocate the people of the city into Seven Sisters. The school acted like a haven while the Riders looked to fix this whole mess.

Currently, Paradox was out and about, looking for anyone that had managed to survive, and silently praying to herself that she could find Connor.

Trish: "Where did you disappear to?" She whispered to herself, gazing at her phone with a solemn expression.

She had tried calling and texting to no avail. It went straight to voice mail, and she never received a text back. The same was also happening to Mercy, so Trish assumed the worst.

Trish: "I just hope I'm wrong..."

She slid her phone back into her pocket and revved her bike, ready to drive off when something flickered out of the corner of her eye.

Trish reacted quickly, slamming her boot down on the pedal and spinning her motorcycle around.

While she successfully managed to avoid the brunt of the damage, the shockwave from the impact was enough to shake the street and blow her away from her motorcycle.

Trish had landed with an audible thud against the debris of a nearby building, feeling something crack inside her. That wasn't all, though, because before she could even recover she felt someone grab her collar and yank her to her feet.

Aquos: "It's all your damn fault!" The Horse Zodiac screamed, slamming her fist against Trish and tossing her to the side.

Aquos: "All he wanted to do was help you sad, pitiful Humans! And you killed him!" She continued, walking up to Trish and stomping her foot down where her head was, Trish moving out of the way just in time.

Aquos: "He loved you Humans for whatever reason! And you were the animals that killed him!" At this point tears could be seen streaming down her face as a light engulfed her body.

Once the light died down, she stood proud in her Zodiac body and swung for Trish's head. Trish sidestepped out of the way and kicked the Horse off of her, giving her enough time to take out her Paradox Driver.

Trish slapped it around her waist and struck her pose, her right arm raised to her left side, sliding it across the sky, then crossing both over her chest.

Trish: "Henshin!"

Paradox Driver: "Distorting Reality, Please Standby... Paradox Authorized. Kamen Rider Paradox!!"

Paradox: "Dai Henshin!"

Paradox Driver: "Shifting Reality: Flow Form."

A rift opened in front of Trish as she ran through, coming out the other end wearing her Rider armor and performing a jumping kick at Aquos.

The Horse Zodiac caught the kick just as it landed and tossed her to the side, all the while she stared at the Rider with unbridled fury.

Aquos: "You all love to play hero, but you're nothing more than murderers!" She shouts, dashing ahead and kicking at Paradox.

Paradox rolled to the side before the kick could connect and swept the legs out from under Aquos.

The blade on Paradox's wrist extended down and Paradox went for a punch while Aquos was on the floor, but was caught by surprise when Aquos suddenly sat up and slammed her head against the Rider's helmet.