Chapter 14: The Dreaded Dessert

The week was long, but the weekend had finally arrived for the students of Seven Siblings schools. Sakura adjusted the bag that rested over his shoulder as he made his way towards the Seven Brothers gate. As he got closer he noticed a whole group of people from both schools gathering around, and he had a sneaking suspicion as to the reason why.

He pushed his way to the front of the crowd and saw Kibou leaning against his new bike, one that didn't look like the exact the gold Kamen Rider's bike. He was wearing his black leather jacket, red scarf, and looking down at the floor, probably had his earbuds in which is how he didn't notice the crowd. 

Sakura: "Hey, Kibou," Sakura walked up and tapped his friend on the shoulder to get his attention. "It's getting weird to see you at school nowadays."

KIbou: "Not something I'm proud of," He chuckled and stood up straight, tossing his helmet into the air and catching it. "You mind riding with me, Sakura-san? I want to ask you a favor." 

Sakura: "Whatever," He smiled and shook my head, snatching the helmet from his friend's hands. "You're paying for food, though." 

The crowd started to disperse as Sakura hopped onto the backseat of the bike. Kibou nodded and agreed, saying it was fair as he produced another helmet from the trunk of the bike. The two rode off for a small cafe a couple blocks down known for their drinks and sweets. They were quickly seated and ordered a cup of coffee for each of them, Kibou having his sweet with vanilla, while Sakura just had black. 

Sakura: "So what's the favor? I assume it's school related?" He tilted his head, curious as to what the Number 1 Student would want.

Kibou: "I was wondering if I could copy your notes and get your help with the classwork." Kibou chuckled nervously as he gently stirred the coffee.

Sakura: "I figured... You know you have a lot of catching up to do." Sakura sighed and reached into his bag, pulling out a file folder and started flipping through the various sections.

Kibou: "I know, I know... Honestly, my current job just never seems to have days off." He let out a sigh just before a golden orb flew out of his chest and smacked him on the head, causing him to yelp in surprise.

Sakura: "You okay?" His friend turned to Kibou, clearly worried, but Kibou dismissed it, saying he accidently spilled some coffee on his hand. "Right... Well, here's the notes from our shared classes." 

Kibou: "Thanks Sakura-san! I owe you big time for this... I wonder why a nice guy like you is single still?"

Sakura: "Hm, maybe it's because someone keeps taking all the girls." Sakura rolled his eyes as the waitress came back.

Waitress: "H-Here's two strawberry cakes." She stuttered out, clearly nervous as she laid out the desserts. The one in front of Sakura looked exactly like the one on the menu, but Kibou's had a second strawberry, the frosting was even more elaborate, and there was even a heart in between the two strawberries.

Kibou: "Oh, we didn't order these though," He called over the waitress as she began to walk away quickly. 

Waitress: "They're on the house!" She shouted back, disappearing back into the kitchen.

Sakura: "Case in point..."

Sakura sighed and watched Kibou begin to copy down the notes. He looked just as diligent as he used to be, taking a quick sip of his coffee or piece of cake without so much as blinking an eye and always moving in such precision. He was so focused he didn't even notice that there was a bunch of empty plates piling up next to him from all the free cakes.

Sakura: "Seriously... Are you a black hole?"

Kibou: "Hm? Oh, did you want something, Sakura-san?"

Sakura: "I'm good..."