Chapter 7: Rampaging Ox & Loyal Dog

Last Time on Kamen Rider Chrono: Kibou woke up in the hospital and had the displeasure of being on both his mother's and Mercy's bad side, which nearly ended with him no longer able to take on the responsibilities of Chrono, but thanks to the Chief of HOME, he kept the title. Meanwhile, Yuya was sent to a mall to deal with the rampaging Ox Zodiac where he demonstrates his abilities as a Rider and with the Rabbit, and Pig Coins.

Gears: "Stop right there!"

The Rider appeared out of thin air and punched the Ox as hard as he could, making it stumble backwards. Gears swung the sword in such a way that it slotted perfectly into the scabbard over his shoulder.

The Ox swiped at Gears with his claw. Gears weaved and punched at his chest with a flurry of punches, finishing the combo with a jumping kick. Running after him, he jumped into the air and punched it in the face, then spun around for a roundhouse kick, hopping and kicking with the other leg to force him to take a knee.

Just when the Zodiac was gonna stand, Gears brought down his foot, stomping its face into the ground. Feeling the pressure, the Zodiac let out a roar and grabbed the leg of Gears, yanking him forward and sending him across the room. The Rider sunk to the floor and leaned back, grabbing at his right shoulder.

Gears: "Damn... Ugh, that hurt a helluva lot more than I thought." 

The Ox grabbed him by the two popped collars and forced him onto his feet. It sucker punched him, then tossed him to the third floor of the mall, smashing through a glass window. Gears barely had any time to recover as he felt something jump all the way up, then a second later he was being picked up by the legs and slammed through the flooring all the way back down to the first floor.

Managing to kick the Zodiac off him, he stumbled to his feet, ducking another swing. Gears took out the Rabbit Zodiac coin and flicked the Pig Coin into the air, catching it and slotting it in.

Gears Driver: "Zodiac Time! Bulky! Made of Steel! Impenetrable Shield! Kamen Rider Pig Gears!! Such an Immovable Force."

The popped collar disappeared and was replaced with a bulkier chestplate and pauldrons. The greeves reverted back to his normal boots, but now he had a thicker metal protecting his kneecaps with spikes at the end, the gauntlets turned fatter the further up the arm it was, and finally the rabbit ears disappeared. 

The Ox rammed into the bulkier middle portion, and lightning coursed between where they made contact. The giant shoulder exploded and the Ox was sent flying backwards. Trading speed for defense, the walk towards the Ox was a lot more menacing from the Zodiac's perspective, like a man on a mission to beat him senseless. 

It roared at Gears who punched him in the stomach to repay the debt, then slammed his head into the Zodiac, destroying his horns and sending it down towards the floor. Gears grabbed the Ox, tossing him into the air and uppercutting him whenever he came down. He repeated this several times before going for a right hook, sending the beast outside the mall and into the water fountain. 

Running out of breathe, the Ox slashed off a huge portion of the fountain and tossed it at Gears, but it exploded upon coming into contact with the armor. It slammed down multiple times out of anger and charged forward, slamming the giant shoulder into the armor again only for it to get reflected back. It slashed its claw upward, causing recoil once more. It tried desperately to slam and destroy the armor, but it wasn't going to budge anytime soon.

Gears kicked the Ox backwards, watching as it stumbled back and onto the floor. He swapped the Pig coin back to the Rabbit, then pushed the left button on his belt, and an energy started to pulse outward with the sound of turning cogs as background noise. A cog flew out from the middle of the belt and wrapped around his ankle as he started advancing on the Zodiac, doubles of him constantly appearing behind his body.