Chapter 24: Alter versus Gears

Gears dashed through the old halls of the factory as the Rabbit and Dog Alter-Zodiacs chased after him. He eventually found a spot he was looking for and pulled his sword out, slashing the final bits of support out before leaping out of a nearby window. 

He twisted his body in midair, watching as the floor collapsed on the Zodiacs, then slotted the Roost Zodiac Coin into his Gears Driver.

Gears Driver: "Zodiac Time! Fly! Float! Take off! Kamen Rider Rooster Gears!! Such Graceful Wings."

His armor had turned white with red accenting the portions near his collarbone. The chestplate grew in size to resemble the proud stance a rooster had, while the leg guards shrunk in size to reduce the weight of the armor. His gauntlets grew white feathers, similar to wings that he used to float down to safety, and his helmet now had a plume to resemble both an ancient soldier and the top of a rooster's head. 

As Gears landed, the Pig and Rat Zodiac ambushed him. The Rat held Gears' arms behind his back as the Pig swung its club for his head. The only option readily available to Gears was to slam his head back, causing the Rat to falter and the club to narrowly miss him. 

When Gears was falling backward, he shot out his leg to kick the club out of the Pig's grip, then rolled out of the Rat's hold and stabbed it in the chest. He watched as the Rat faded away, then the giant club squashed the Pig to an ashy paste.

Gears: "If only the actual Zodiacs were this easy to kill." He dusted off his hands as Gears slotted in the Ox Coin. 

Gears Driver: "Zodiac Time! Rush! Crush! Blow! Kamen Rider Ox Gears!! Such Powerful Horns."

Gears: "I have to thank Paradox for loaning me the Rooster Coin... Now, time to finish up this stupid fight."

Gears twirled his sword, turning around to face the Ox and Monkey Zodiac. The Ox Zodiac fought him in a straightforward battle, forcing Gears to focus nearly all of his attention on the Ox as the Monkey swung high above using the rebar and girders. The Monkey used its tail to strike at Gears armor, and to put him off-balance.

Being the soldier he was, though, he used this to his advantage. Gears watched and waited patiently for that perfect moment where the Ox and Monkey attacked at the same time. The Ox had punched Gears back a couple of feet, where he would've fell if it wasn't for the Monkey keeping him upright for the Ox's lariat. Gears tugged the tail of the Monkey down, forcing the Zodiac to take a majority of the attack, and giving Gears enough time to stab through the Zodiac to reach the Ox.

Gears: "I'm actually wanting to fight the Legendary Zodiacs at this point..." Yuya commented as Alter finally approached him itself. 

Gears: "I'll settle for you, though... No more holding back." Gears removed the Ox Coin from his Driver and held up a weird device. It was designed with a coin base to fit inside his Driver, then it extended well past the top portion of his belt, where it split into two different gears. One a crimson red, and the other a verdant green.

Double Gears Addon: "Double Gears!" The device announced proudly as Yuya pressed down on a side button.

Yuya inserted the Double Gears Addon into the coin slot and slammed it down with his fist.

Double Gears Addon: "Double Gears Time! Battling! Fighting! Overclock! Overpower! Kamen Rider Double Gears, All Green!"

Two gears shot out of the Driver, connecting together with Kamen Rider Gears in the middle. Both of the oversized cogs began to spin at breakneck speeds, glowing their respective green and red colors. A light cloaked Gears as the two cogs broke apart and flew through the air.

Gears' armor was segmented into two portions now. A green portion that was far more slim and sleek, with carvings that swirled and flowed like wind. The red portion spiked out, appearing far more fierce and threatening than its green counterpart. The final addition came from the very gears that helped form this form, slamming onto his visor in the opposite color. The red gear on the green side, and visa versa.

Gears: "I'll destroy you... For a better future."

Just as Gears had announced that Alter had begun to load in the Alter Snake Coin. Gears reacted by spinning the green gear, causing the verdant side to swallow the crimson color. A heavy breeze filled the area and everything slowed down to Gears' perspective, mimicking the Time Stop that Chrono could accomplish. 

Double Gears Addon: "Overclock!"

Gears charged forward, taking the Alter Coin out of the gun and spun the red side of the Double Gears.

Double Gears Addon: "Overpower!"

Gears had crushed the coin in his hand, reducing it to dust before kicking back Alter. Alter stumbled to the floor, dropping the gun in the process. 

Gears: "So, without this thing, you can't summon any of those weird Zodiacs, can you?" Gears looked down at the weird gun, then stomped down on it, shattering the device. 

Gears: "Now, it's only the both of us. Do you think you could defeat me without your little backup?"

Alter picked itself off the floor and swung at Gears. Gears reacted by bringing his sword up to reflect the hook. What Gears didn't expect, though, was for the sword to slice clean through the arm, revealing machinery and wires underneath instead of flesh.

Gears: "What...? You're a... robot?" Yuya was surprised at this revelation, but at least he didn't have to hold back any longer.

He spun both of the gears on the Double Gears. Both of them had lit up, with flames and wind engulfing his armor. Time had begun to slow down until it eventually stopped altogether. Alter had lowered its arm and started to make his way over to Gears, unaware that it was a little too late.

Gears: "I can't say I won't miss you, not that I even knew who you were." Gears slowly walked up to Alter, delivering a swift roundhouse kick with the green side, then I powerful side kick. When time replayed, Alter was launched backward and the wind fed the flames. Small explosion after small explosion ignited within Alter, all culminating into a giant fireball that eradicated Alter.