Chapter 17: Tiger and Horse

Aquos: "Dragnis..." The Horse Zodiac let out a low groan as she slammed her head down onto the table in front of her. 

Aquos had sat at the corner of the club, away from all the humans. Her golden hair was tied into a low ponytail, was dressed in a white dress with her white jacket draped over her shoulders. She swirled the liquid in her shot glass for a bit, looking into the bronze color before downing it.

Tignus: "You still complaining about that Dragon?" The Tiger Zodiac made his way over to her booth and took a seat across from her. He was dressed in his usual attire and snatched a glass from a nearby person's hand.

Aquos: "Oh shut up... I'm just wondering what changed in the beast that I loved..."

Tignus: "Nothing changed in the guy. He's always been this pompous."

Aquos: "Yeah, but he was MY pompous guy."

Tignus: "I think you're seriously misremembering Dragnis."

Aquos: "Don't tell me you haven't noticed him change as well! Yeah, he's always been a little obsessed with stories, but he's NEVER had this stupid fascination with humans."

Tignus: "I guess that's true. It's a little weird for someone like him to take a sudden interest in these silly creatures... considering that he's..."

Aquos: "Yeah... A candidate for King... Creatures like humans are below a candidate for King... Something had to happen to make him change how he is."

Tignus: "You think it had anything to do with that Kamen Rider? And by Kamen Rider I mean the original Chrono. The one who was actually any good."

Aquos: "I can't think of anything else. I mean, Dragnis was one of the last things to see that guy alive."

The two Zodiacs sighed simultaneously. Tignus took out a cigarette and lit it using Dragnis' lighter that he still hadn't returned, while Aquos leaned back against the booth and stared at the empty glass in front of her. 

They sat without speaking a word, simply listening to the music of the club, when a barkeep walked up to their table, placing a bottle of whiskey down on it.

Tignus: "Eh? What's this for? We didn't order this."

Barkeep: "It's from the gentleman from that table over there. He says it's for the lady."

Without saying a word, Aquos glances over and sees a group of guys staring at her, then one with dirty blond hair waving at her and giving her a wink. She groaned and rolled her eyes before grabbing the bottle by the neck. 

She began to take massive gulps straight from the bottle as Tignus laughed, clearly enjoying seeing the normally prim Zodiac like this.

Tignus: "Really going to town on that bottle, huh? Just make sure to save some for me."

Aquos: "Screw off, you stupid housecat."

Tignus: "Housecat!? I am the furthest thing from a housecat that you can get! I am a mighty tiger, or do I need to prove that to you?"

Aquos: "You are a stupid housecat, though! A stupid, weak, meager housecat! You're nothing compared to the radiance of Dragnis, and you certainly don't compare to a majestic mare such as myself!"

Tignus: "You have got to be the least majestic mare I've ever seen in my life. You couldn't even keep pace with that Paradox lady you were fighting."

Aquos: "At least she was a grown woman rather than some high schooler that you were fighting!"

Tignus: " Hey! If the fighting would've gone on longer, then I would've wiped the floor with that Gears punk!"

Before they could continue arguing the guy that had bought the Horse Zodiac they bottle came strutting over, slamming his hands on the table and glaring at Tignus much to the confusion of the both of them.

Club Guy: "You need to leave this nice lady alone, now."

Aquos/Tignus: "Uh... Who the Hell do you think you are?"

Club Guy: "That's not the matter right here. The problem is you harassing this lady, and I won't let you continue to berate her."

Tignus: "Right... Okay, listen here guy. This lady you're talking about? She's not the kind of person you think she is. For all intents and purposes, she's taken as well."

Club Guy: "Nice try bud, but I've been hearing she's having issues with her other half."

Aquos/Tignus: "You've been eavesdropping? That's creepy as Hell..."

Club Guy: "Now, I won't ask again. Leave her alo—"

Tignus just let out a sigh and slammed the guy's head on the table. This knocked him out in an instant, and the two Zodiacs stood up.

Aquos: "Humans really are disgusting creatures..."

They began to walk toward the front of the club as the group of guys rushed over to check on their friend. Crossing paths with the bouncer, the poor guy stopped them. He had seen the ruckus that the Tiger Zodiac had caused with his assault and was about to apprehend him when Aquos bashed the bottle over his head.

Aquos: "Honestly, I can't wait for Humans to go extinct..."

Tignus: "We agree on something, at least. This planet is a waste if mankind is in control for any longer."

Aquos: "Maybe we can convince Dragnis to take the Throne? He is the last remaining candidate for King, so it's just there for his taking."

...(Later that night)...

The cold air of the night fell over the city like a blanket, covering every person and every building in a thick fog. The conditions were so harsh that you couldn't see three feet in front of you. The air that left the person's lungs turned to mist, and no matter how many layers one wore, it wouldn't help you with the shivering.

There was a mysterious Kamen Rider hidden in this supernatural fog. His bodysuit was as black as the abyss that swallowed the sky, with silver plating that made him shine out against the contrasting dark. His visor had two pairs of clock hands, pointing at 11 and 1, 5 and 7 as well. The final detail worth mentioning was the blood red glass that made his eyes appear like that of a demon.

He held a gun by his side, loading something in through the top and spinning the object. It was a coin like that of the other three Riders, but this one was dull and devoid of life.

Alter System: "Let's Loading! U-U-Usagi!"

The mysterious Rider pointed it forward, and was about to shoot the gun, but stopped as he heard footsteps approaching from behind. It was a person he was all too familiar with. Wearing a black peacoat, Dragnis dragged his hand through his hair.

Dragnis: "It's been far too long since I've seen you... I thought Chrono Prime had killed you."

He lowered the gun back to his side and turned around, not saying a single word.

Dragnis: "I gotta say... I'm not a big fan of you mocking my family with those fake coins you have."

Dragnis held his hand over his waist, summoning a ritual circle. In a burst of flames, a belt had appeared, and he pushed it open. The flames had engulfed his entire body and provided light in the dense fog.

Dragnis: "Let's dance again, Kamen Rider Alter... Henshin."