Chapter 20: The Immovable Pig Guards the Innocents

If it weren't for the help of Aibo, then Kibou would be breaking so many laws at this point. He was speeding past every red light and stop sign. He was... speeding in general... Among numerous other things like going against the flow of traffic. If it weren't for Aibo freezing time periodically, then he definitely would've either crashed or pulled over.

Aibo: "The Rat Zodiac is up the hill, two meters to the left." Aibo pointed out, his voice echoing in Kibou's head.

Kibou: "Got it!" Kibou looked past his shoulder, making sure he wouldn't hit anyone as Aibo flew out of his chest. Kibou shifted over to sixth gear to launch himself off the speed hump, driving the bike straight into the Rat Zodiac.

The motorcycle landed with a loud thud and skidded around as Aibo attached around Kibou's waist and opened up.

Aibo: "Ready, Go! Steady, Go! Time to Go! Kamen Rider Chrono!! The Future is in your hands."

Compatibility: 28%

Kicking his foot down on the stand, Chrono threw his leg over to the other side as he cracked his knuckles.

Chrono: "You've caused us so much pain over my time as a Rider. This time, I'm not letting you go."

The Rat Zodiac picked itself off the floor, turning its head toward Chrono with a nasty-sounding crack. It had the empty eyes that were synonymous with the Zodiacs. Its head was more like a pyramid with that long snout on it. Compared to the rest of the Zodiacs, it was small, being more around Chrono's height instead of some hulking monster, but it was definitely brute-like. The muscles on this rat were like a bodybuilder, and this extended to the stubby tail.

Chrono: "Your Doomsday Clock is Ticking."

Chrono held out the Pig Coin and slotted it into the middle of Aibo, closing the dragon's back, then sliding it open again.

Aibo: "Ready, Go! Steady, Go! Time to Go! Kamen Rider Chrono!! The Immovable Pig Guards the Innocents."

The pig-like armor snapped onto Chrono's body as he summoned his twinblade, advancing on the Rat Zodiac while doing so.

The Rat Zodiac let out a roar at the Rider, then dashed toward him. Taking the first swing of the fight, the monster felt the immediate pain of the blow bouncing off the armor and pulsing through its body.

While his opponent was recoiling, Chrono tore apart the twinblade and slashed downward with his right weapon, then stabbed forward with the left one. Sparks flew out of the monster's body as it was launched backward, rolling around in pain.

Chrono connected his weapons again and summoned his gun, aiming it at the rat. Before he could take the shot, though, a large smokescreen blinded him.

Aibo reacted quickly, closing his middle piece, a golden energy pulsing out before opening again. The entire world turned grey as time stopped. Chrono saw the smokescreen jut out as if multiple figures were charging out of it.

Aibo: "We need to try stopping time a lot more."

Chrono: "The plot demands that we don't." He tilted his head to the side as he spoke, then spread his arms. Portals appeared in the air as chains shot out, clearing the smoke and piercing the multitude of rat clones.

Aibo: "Time resumes..."

The world gained its color back as the rats faded like a mirage. The actual Zodiac who was trying to escape turned back around, and glared at the Rider. It figured that escaping this time wasn't an option, so it opted to swarming.

Aibo: "We can officially mark the Ratpocalypse off our bucket list." Aibo commented as dozens upon dozens of Rat clones swarmed them.

The Rider's gun vanished from his hand as he gripped the twinblade, charging forth and taking wide swings to catch as many of the rats as possible. Each of the rodents could only take one decent hit before puffing into nothing.