Chapter 16: Investigating the Riders

...

Seven Brothers Student: "The Kamen Riders? Do you mean those masked weirdos that have been all over the news? I know nothing about them, but apparently, some girls over at Seven Sisters know something."

...

Seven Sisters Student: "Oh, are you talking about those heroes who've been all over the town saving people from those terrifying monsters? Yeah, I know what you're talking about! ...What do I know about them? Hm... Not much. All I know is that one day, a couple of weeks ago, there had been a golden orb flying through our class before the rabbit monster came. I think you'll have better luck with the people next door."

...

Young Trish: "Uhhh... What do I know about the Kamen Riders? Nothing! Nothing at all! Nope, not a single thing! ...Suspicious!? Me!? I'm just always a nervous wreck! A golden ball of light? Oh, that silly old rumor!? It's just a rumor! Nothing more! ...I'M NOT SUSPICIOUS!"

...

Rose-Sensei: "The Kamen Riders... They've been super popular among the two schools as of late. Yeah, two of my students claim that Kibou Kitai is that golden Kamen Rider that first showed up, but I highly doubt it... Who's Kibou Kitai? Oh, only the most magnificent student among Seven Siblings! He's the top-scoring student with an average percentage that hasn't been seen in years! Plus, he's always willing to help those who need help! Although, lately, he's been on the decline... I blame that Sakura kid."

...

Sakura: "The Kamen Riders? What makes you think I, of all people, know who they are? Two students claim Kibou Kitai is Kamen Rider Chrono? The teacher said I know him...? Yeah, I was never really friends with the dude. He's way too obsessed with his classwork even to have friends."

...

Ann: "UGH! Why can I not find any information on the goddamn Riders!? Who in their right mind made them so hard to track down!" Ann let out a frustrated sigh as she crouched down, hanging her head in defeat. 

Ever since the incident at the mall, Ann had been obsessed with figuring out who the Riders were. She couldn't help herself, after all. A trio of mysterious heroes fighting mysterious monsters is the scoop she couldn't miss.

Ann: "I know that weird one with all the gears answered some of my questions, but not by much..." She thought back to her encounter with the Kamen Rider that saved her from the Ox monster, and a faint blush appeared on her cheeks as she recalled the heroic way he saved her.

Ann: "It's settled! If the Kamen Riders will only show up if people are in danger, then I will create dangerous scenarios to draw them out of hiding!" The girl pounced back up to her feet; a look of confidence and determination clearly adorned her face.

...(The very next day)...

Kibou: "Uh...? Are you sure this is a great idea...?"

Ann: "Of course it is! All you have to do is pretend to mug me; I'll scream for help, and then a Kamen Rider will show up! It's foolproof since the Kamen Riders are sworn to protect the innocent!"

Kibou: "Something tells me that this isn't going to work out how you think it will..."

Ann: "Hey! I've never been wrong before! Plus, this is for the school paper, so I'm willing to do almost anything!"

Kibou: "If you say so..." Kibou looked down at the prop knife that she had given him, then towards the ski mask that she had also supplied. 

Aibo: "Don't do it, Kibou..."

Kibou: "But she's been so enthusiastic about all this..."

Aibo: "Yeah, then the next thing you know, you'll end up handcuffed and in the back of a cop car!"