Chapter 12: The Gears That Sets The Future

Kibou: "So Gears..."

Yuya: "Hm? Want something, Chrono?"

About three days has passed since the Legendary Zodiacs attacked, and with their absence also came a stop to the constant Grunt attacks. At the moment both Yuya and Kibou were preparing to leave HOME for the day when a question popped into Kibou's head.

Kibou: "You said you came from the future, er, A future. What was it like?"

Yuya: "Oh, that. It was gloomy..."

Kibou: "Is that...? Is that it? I don't mean to pry, but I'd like to hear stories from it."

Yuya: "Alright... What I'm about to share stays between us."

Kibou: "Got it."

(Two Years Ago: Gears Timeline)

It must've been about half a decade since Kamen Rider Chrono went missing. As a last ditch effort, the survivors from HOME worked with the United Nations to set up a barricade around the city, trapping the Zodiacs inside. It worked for a bit, but the Beasts were just too strong for the average person, which led to the creation of the Gears Driver, using the A.I. Driver as the inspiration. 

A team was sent into the quarantine area to thin out the Zodiac Populace, a routine procedure, with Captain Artemis helming the squad. Inside this team were four people: Captain Artemis, Hunter, Walter, and a newer member by the name of Yuya. 

They weren't met with any resistance when they entered the zone, and split up to cover more ground. One hour. That was how long the Gears Driver could run without any serious damage to the user, and they were set to check in every seven minutes. The area that Yuya was sent into was the Abandoned School where a dozen readings were signaling off.

Past Yuya: "Henshin!"

Gears Driver: "Gears Time! Battle! Break! DESTROY! Kamen Rider Gears! Special System: All Green."

Yuya ran towards the group, crouching lower and slamming his shoulder into one of the Ox Grunts, tossing it over his shoulder. Another Ox Grunt came charging but was quickly repelled when Yuya pressed a button on his Driver, causing a Gear to shoot out and attach to his ankle, and kicked out at impressive speeds. 

Lightning started to crackle from the spot he kicked with the Grunt blowing up shortly after. Yuya let out a disgruntled noise as he glanced over his shoulder, quickly kicking back to do the same to another one. 

The soldier weaved under an attempted lariat, delivering swift jabs into the gut with his right fist and an upper to finish it with his left fist. Afterwards, Yuya cartwheeled away from another sneak attack and reached to his side, pulling out a curved sword that looked like it was made of junk. 

Once again the soldier dashed forward, just under a swing, and swiped the leg out from under one Grunt. He quickly brought his sword up to deflect an arm and spun around, kicking back three of them. Lightning began to pulse behind him and an explosion killed the rest. 

Yuya looked over the carnage that was caused by the rising of the Zodiac Beasts. Ever since that day clouds filled the sky of the Earth, not allowing a shred of light in, there was a purple-redish mist all around them, and it looked like nothing had lived here for a significant time. 

Walter: "I need back-up!"

Yuya snapped back to reality and pulled the radio off his belt, asking Walter to confirm his location.

Walter: The Old Factory Site! The Tiger is here, so please hu-!"

He was cut off, and Yuya couldn't shake this feeling of dread. He gripped the radio tightly before clipping it back on and jumping onto his bike, racing away. When he made it to the factory site he was a bit dazed. There was a large crater like a meteor had crashed into the Earth, something Chrono must've done, because there was no way that anyone with a Gears Driver could cause this.