Chapter 13: A Reason To Fight

Last Time on Kamen Rider Chrono: With the storm of the Legendary Zodiacs settling, it offers a moment of rest to the Riders. Deciding to use this time to learn more about one of his teammates, Kibou asks Yuya what his life was like in the future. 

Connor was humming to himself as he walked down the halls of HOME. Today had been a relatively peaceful day, no need for the Riders to make an appearance. Connor approached the breakroom, scanning his hand and excited to finally eat that cup ramen he stored in the cabinet earlier, but when he entered he saw Future Trish sitting at a lone table, eating away at his lunch.

Connor: "Ah! My lunch!" He runs towards her and runs his hands through her hair.

Future Trish: "Huh? Oh, sorry. I didn't realize." She looks down at the near empty cup and sighs.

Connor picks up on her attitude, taking a seat across from her and looking at her with a confused gaze. She shudders and looks up, leaning back in the seat and asking if anything's wrong.

Connor: "Something's wrong..."

Future Trish: "Huh? Uh... No, nothing's wrong." She gives him a fake smile.

Connor: "You always try to find something to munch on when you're nervous, and it always so happens to be my food."

Future Trish: "Huh? No I don't!"

Connor: "IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! INCLUDING MY LIMITED EDITION CUP RAMEN!" He has to stop himself from letting out a single tear.

Future Trish: "Oh, get over it..." She lets out a small chuckle, but her overall demeanor doesn't change.

Connor: "So what's wrong, sis?"

Future Trish: "I'm not your sister..." Those words seem to make her feel even worse. "You're sister is over at Seven Sister's right about now."

Connor: "Hey! Just because you're from the future doesn't mean you aren't my kid sister!"

Future Trish: "I think I'm actually older than you..."

Connor: "Doesn't matter! You're my kid sister!"

Trish lowers her head, the ends of her lips curling into a soft smile. It was a relief to know that even with this weird situation, he still thought of her as his sister.

Connor: "So what's the matter? Ready to tell me now?"

Future Trish: "Well, it has to do with the Zodiacs... I thought I was strong enough to fight them, I thought I could finally get over my fear and help save the future, but the other day... It proved me wrong. I hesitated. If it wasn't for Gears and Chrono, then it would've been over."

Connor: "Seriously?" Connor leans back finally and lets out an exhausted sigh. "Listen. The Legendary Zodiacs are a different breed. They aren't like the other Beasts. They're smart. All of you needed to work together to survive that. ALL... of you."

Future Trish: "You say that, but there's a clear gap between us all. Gears is the most combat saavy of us, and he's got the most experience. Chrono's desire to protect everyone even puts him above me, because he refuses to give up... Not to mention he can also control the flow of time... Just what do I have?"

Before Connor could speak, a beeping came from his phone. A Zodiac had made an appearance. He let out a sigh, and looked back up at his sister from the future, before calling Mercy.

Mercy: "Hello? Connor? I was just about to notify the Riders."

Connor: "Can you hold off?"

Mercy: "HUH!? What do you mean 'can you hold off'? Are you stupid."