Chapter 6: Gears Time

Last Time on Kamen Rider Chrono: Kamen Riders Gears and Chrono found the Pig Zodiac hiding out inside an abandoned factory outside the town, to which Gears started advancing towards the Zodiac to defeat it, but wanting to prove himself Chrono intervened. He had successfully used the Rabbit Coin with the Chrono Driver, increasing his Jumping, and Kicking power. With this new power he managed to defeat the Pig, but heavily injuring himself in the process.

When Kibou came regained consciousness he found himself in a strange room. Pushing himself upright, he started to look around. The blinds were open, allowing a decent amount of sunlight in, there were flowers by his bedside, and sitting on two chairs nearby were Connor and Mercy.

Connor: "Ah! He's awake!"

Mercy perked up and held up a hand, asking him how many fingers she was holding up. Staring blankly for awhile, Kibou eventually answered four to which she sighed. A smile appeared on her face as she said she was glad he was okay, before raising her hand and slapping him across the face.

Mercy: "Just what were you thinking!?"

Kibou lowered his head, grabbing the side of his face that Mercy slapped as he listened to her berate him. She called him an idiot, reckless fool, and any synonyms in the book. When she was finally done insulting him, she said that she was glad that he was alive at the very least.

Connor walked up to the bedside and held out an envelope, saying he didn't have a stone-cold heart like Mercy, so the least he could do was give him the bonus for defeating the Pig Zodiac. Kibou nodded and took the envelope, looking at it for a second, then throwing it on his bedside counter.

Connor: "Still, looks like you could use the coins. That'll help the job from now on."

Mercy: "Huh!? No way in Hell! The agreement was that the moment it got too dangerous for the kid, then he's pulling the plug! He nearly died, so I think that's too dangerous!"

Connor: "Hey, I agree with you, but at the end of the day it's not our choice. That honor belongs to the three of them."

Kibou: "Three?"

Before Connor could answer, the door flung open and in came rushing a middle-aged couple. The woman pushed right past Mercy and Connor, locking the boy into a death-grip hug. She had been hysterical, calling out for her baby and running her hand through Kibou's hair.

Mr. Kitai: "Thank the Lord that you're alive, otherwise your mother would've marched into the afterlife and drag your soul back into your body just to kill you again."

Mrs. Kitai: "Oh my sweet baby boy! Who did this to you!? Give me a name, quickly!"

Kibou: "It's okay mother. I just got injured on the job."

Kibou turned his gaze, not wanting to look his mother in the eyes. She released him and let out a terrifying screech, yelling at him to repeat that, reminding multiple times that he wasn't allowed to take up a job until after he graduated college with straight A's, and that if the job caused injuries then it was obviously sketchy, that they raised him better than this.

Mercy: "Excuse me?" Mercy folded her arms and glared at the older lady.

Mrs. Kitai: "Oh? And are you the one that caused my boy so much trauma! You're lucky that we're in a hospital, because I'm about to make sure you regret it."

Mercy: "I'd like to see you try, but let's push that aside! What your son does is nothing less, but respectable! You should be proud of what he's been able to accomplish! His grades haven't dropped one percent, along with juggling various clubs and this stressful job? That's a miracle!"